Legal Help..............please

jayden0405

I am a cheerleading coach within a youth organization. I placed an order with an outside company for some cheer items. My cheer coordinator at the time is now coming back saying that she is going to sue me, because her name ended up on the bill and the credit agency went after her for non payment after they stated that they couldn't get in contact with me.

NOW when I contacted the company they stated that only MY NAME was on the account and the account is not outstanding that I paid it.

She left the organization on 3 days prior to the order even being placed, so therefore she was already out of the organization when the transaction took place. I spoke with her husband and asked had it been placed on her credit report and he said no, he said that I am now an "agent" of the organization and that I am liable.

So I need to know what is it that she could possibly sue me for?

Homer J

Power Chord
She better be able to show you some detailed documentation to back up her claime. If I were you, I would consult a lawyer just to cya.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
thakidistight said:
Contact this person:yay:. She has offered free legal representation to other forumites.

Oh that was good!!!!

If you placed the order, and you paid for the order, the company is saying her name isn't on anything and her husband is saying they weren't charged for it, then she has NOTHING. She's probably just blowing off steam or trying to scare you into leaving the organization or something. Sounds like Diva got to get a grip or something.

As long as you can back up that the order has been paid, I wouldn't even worry about it.

disney411

HUMMMMM>>> I think you left some facts out

I know the person you are talking about and also know you haven't let everyone know the truth. Yes you paid for the items but it took almost a year and you only paid for them after she was contacted by a collection agency and then she called someone above you. She talked about sueing you just to get her name cleared and taken off the account which she was able to do once you paid the bill. So please be honest at least and let everyone know all the facts if you are going to post something!