Washing Machine Advice

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My washing machine is possessed. I bought it two years ago, and recently it started making a really loud thumping noise just after it complets its' spin cycle. Not being an appliance technician, I am going to guess that the noise is the "braking" system on the machine that is stopping the spin cycle at the conclusion of it's cycle. All other cycles on the washer seem to be working flawlessly, it is just the stopping of the spinning drum that seems to be the problem. Oh, and it is clearly not an unbalanced load that is causing the loud thumping noise.

I called a repair service in the area and they no longer make house calls on washing machines - I'd have to take the machine to them. Seering that the problem might actually be simple to fix, I thought that I'd post here before taking the machine to them for repair.

I also went on-lie to the Whirlpool site to see if this problem is in their Troubleshooting section, but there is no mention of it on their weblink.

Does anyone have any experience in fixing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
My washing machine is possessed. I bought it two years ago, and recently it started making a really loud thumping noise just after it complets its' spin cycle. Not being an appliance technician, I am going to guess that the noise is the "braking" system on the machine that is stopping the spin cycle at the conclusion of it's cycle. All other cycles on the washer seem to be working flawlessly, it is just the stopping of the spinning drum that seems to be the problem. Oh, and it is clearly not an unbalanced load that is causing the loud thumping noise.

I called a repair service in the area and they no longer make house calls on washing machines - I'd have to take the machine to them. Seering that the problem might actually be simple to fix, I thought that I'd post here before taking the machine to them for repair.

I also went on-lie to the Whirlpool site to see if this problem is in their Troubleshooting section, but there is no mention of it on their weblink.

Thanks in advance.

It's either the brakes or the rotor that need replaced.. go to EBC.com and do a search for Maytag Washer Spin Brakes.. I'd prefer the ceramic ones, but those are kind of expensive.. maybe carbon fibre?

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
BadGirl said:
. All other cycles on the washer seem to be working flawlessly, mention of it on their weblink.

Thanks in advance.

how many cycles does bob have?
How does he get that beamer on the washer with a ramp or a jack?:confused:

bcp

In My Opinion
look inside and see if one of the springs that keep the tub even have rusted through or broken.

by the way, I dont mean inside the tub, but rather inside the casing attached to the casing at one end and to the tub support at the other

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
As a side note, P&W appliance on GMR is going out of business, had the sign out front today :ohwell: .

All other cycles on the washer seem to be working flawlessly
Why does Bob keep his cycles on the washer? :lmao:
If you were to open the lid during the spin cycle does it do the same thing? Does the brake seem to be working? The springs are a good bet, one may have come loose.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
bcp said:
look inside and see if one of the springs that keep the tub even have rusted through or broken.

by the way, I dont mean inside the tub, but rather inside the casing attached to the casing at one end and to the tub support at the other
SO, do I go through the back of the wash machine, or do I have to remove the tub?

onebdzee

off the shelf
itsbob said:
SO, do I go through the back of the wash machine, or do I have to remove the tub?

before doing any repairs on the washer, make sure BG has the video camera set up for us, will ya?

TIA :howdy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
desertrat said:
On mine I would just tip it over and go through the bottom just for a look see.
Got it, thanks!

Now.. checklist.

#1.. Cell phone turned on and within reach.. 911 on the screen so all I have to do is push "Send"

#2 Stocked up on Band-Aids, Guaze and Medical Tape.

#3 Kids are out of the house, or at least out of earshot.. they don't need THAT kind of education.

onebdzee

off the shelf
itsbob said:
Got it, thanks!

Now.. checklist.

#1.. Cell phone turned on and within reach.. 911 on the screen so all I have to do is push "Send"

#2 Stocked up on Band-Aids, Guaze and Medical Tape.

#3 Kids are out of the house, or at least out of earshot.. they don't need THAT kind of education.

#4 Set up video camera so I can win $10k from that TV show and afford a repair man to come out and fix what I break.

:fixed: YW :lmao: