Outdoor shower

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Call me retarded, but it has always been a dream of mine to have an outdoor shower. I was vacationing many years ago with family and the beach house we stayed at had an outdoor shower. Since then, I've always wanted one.

Soooo, how difficult/expensive would it be to do this? Anyone ever done this before or am I the only weird one? :lol: Before I research this I'd like to get some people's info. :smile:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Chasey_Lane said:
Call me retarded, but it has always been a dream of mine to have an outdoor shower. I was vacationing many years ago with family and the beach house we stayed at had an outdoor shower. Since then, I've always wanted one.

Soooo, how difficult/expensive would it be to do this? Anyone ever done this before or am I the only weird one? :lol: Before I research this I'd like to get some people's info. :smile:

Call me retarded, but I'd twist a coat hanger around a garden hose and use a fancy plant hook to hold the hose in place. You could spruce it up by adding a few extra brass (just to be fancy) hooks for towels. :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
cattitude said:
Call me retarded, but I'd twist a coat hanger around a garden hose and use a fancy plant hook to hold the hose in place. You could spruce it up by adding a few extra brass (just to be fancy) hooks for towels. :yay:
But the water won't be warm!! :tantrum

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Chasey_Lane said:

Actually it should be simple enough if you have hot and cold water pipes to access. If you do this you need shut-offs under the house so you can drain it in the winter.

Chasey_Lane said:
But the water won't be warm!! :tantrum
We have a hot water spigot on the side of our house. It's line runs directly from the hot water tank. So I don't think that making an outdoor shower would be that difficult if you are willing to pay the plumber to run the correct lines...:shrug:

Chasey_Lane said:

I offered to put up an outdoor shower for the two stewardess' that lived next to me in San Diego, but they declined. :ohwell:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Dutch6 said:
Actually it should be simple enough if you have hot and cold water pipes to access. If you do this you need shut-offs under the house so you can drain it in the winter.
That's what I'm thinking. A few hundred at most for the shower unit and another small cost for the wood (privacy). I'm picturing a sauna looking thing with a seat inside. :biggrin:

CandyRain

Chasey_Lane said:
That's what I'm thinking. A few hundred at most for the shower unit and another small cost for the wood (privacy). I'm picturing a sauna looking thing with a seat inside. :biggrin:
I'm picturing peeping toms.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Chasey_Lane said:
I don't think it would cost that much. Maybe a couple hundred total.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I don't think you're crazy, I'd like to have an outdoor shower too. Loads of houses had them when we lived in Hawaii. :yay: