New Floor Installation

shinyhappy

I need a new floor in my kitchen. I want to keep the cost as low as possible (just spiffing it up a bit to sell within the next year) so I'm thinking vinyl or linoleum. I am completely useless when it comes to home improvement projects and don't have a man in my life who can do it for me (I know, wah!!! :wah: ) Should I just go to Home Depot or Lowes or does someone out there know a good floor company in Charles County?

THANKS!!

Ponytail

shinyhappy said:
I need a new floor in my kitchen. I want to keep the cost as low as possible (just spiffing it up a bit to sell within the next year) so I'm thinking vinyl or linoleum. I am completely useless when it comes to home improvement projects and don't have a man in my life who can do it for me (I know, wah!!! :wah: ) Should I just go to Home Depot or Lowes or does someone out there know a good floor company in Charles County?

THANKS!!

Easiest thing to do is to offer an allowance at time of sale for flooring. That way the new owners can put in what they want and it appears to them that it won't be an out of pocket expense for them. :yay:

Otherwise, plan on paying through the nose to have someone else come in and install it.

The other thing to consider, is linoleum even if new at time of sale does nothing for the price of the house, may even deter which is why I suggested offering a flooring allowance. In comparison, install ceramic tile, and expect to recoup approx 80% of the cost at time of sale. :wink:

sugarmama

Ponytail said:
Easiest thing to do is to offer an allowance at time of sale for flooring. That way the new owners can put in what they want and it appears to them that it won't be an out of pocket expense for them. :yay:

Otherwise, plan on paying through the nose to have someone else come in and install it.

The other thing to consider, is linoleum even if new at time of sale does nothing for the price of the house, may even deter which is why I suggested offering a flooring allowance. In comparison, install ceramic tile, and expect to recoup approx 80% of the cost at time of sale. :wink:

:yeahthat: A lot of times, the buyer would choose different flooring than you would anyway (just due to different styles/tastes), so why waste your money, if they're just going to replace it anyway?

C

czygvtwkr

You can get a package of 30 self stick vinyl tiles at Big Lots for $8 which is a hell of a deal. Its pretty easy to to do yourself too.

M

Mousebaby

Give Debbie Shaw a buzz 410-414-3434 She is the owner of DNR Flooring she goes to Charles county. She did my hardwood and it's GORGEOUS!! Tell her Mousebaby told you to call, she is also a good friend of mine and has been for years! Hope this helps! :howdy: