Solomons Island Cruise

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
generic said:
Are there any day cruises offered locally... maybe in Solomon's Island?
There are some that go from Point Lookout to Smith Island. I don't know if they're daily, though.

Crow Bait

Almost all of the Charter Captains offer Day/Sunset Cruises. Depending on what your interested in I can help you out. (I'm a first mate).

generic

Crow Bait said:
Almost all of the Charter Captains offer Day/Sunset Cruises. Depending on what your interested in I can help you out. (I'm a first mate).

I was thinking of something simple, more along the lines of relaxing than educational. I have never been on one I was curious what was offered.

Midnightrider

generic said:
I was thinking of something simple, more along the lines of relaxing than educational. I have never been on one I was curious what was offered.
you can get a cruise out of the marine musem i think as well

Crow Bait

There was a river-type boat running dinner/harbor cruises out of solomons for a very short time. One summer I think. 2 summers ago.

There's also a Captain out of Ridge that runs Wine and Cheese cruises...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
you can get a cruise out of the marine musem i think as well
http://www.calvertmarinemuseum.com/wm_b_tennison.htm

Hours and Fees

One-hour cruises around Solomons Inner Harbor leave the museum dock at 2:00 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday, May through October. On Saturdays and Sundays in July and August there is an additional cruise at 12:30 p.m. On Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Columbus Day there will also be a 3:10 cruise.

$7.00 for Adults
$4.00 for children 5-12 years
Under 5 are free when accompanied by an adult

Special charter cruises are available May through October at $200.00 per hour for the first two hours, and $100.00 for each additional hour after that. Members of the Calvert Marine Museum Society receive a ten percent discount for the first hour. Charters will be confirmed upon receipt of full charter fares. Fares are refundable in the event of inclement weather or with 48 hours' notice. A $25 processing fee will be applied with less than 48 hours notice.

For general information please call
410-326-2042 ext. 15

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I went on the Tennyson back in September it was very informative. I believe the boat ride was an hour long. My son (8) and nephew (9) both had a good time and never been on a boat.

I think I remember him saying this month was the last month the boat will go out but you can call for more info.

Another tip for any boat ride/cruise you go on: Now that it's the fall season you should dress prepared for the water and winds. My son and I both got sneezing colds the next day and I am thinking that it was from the winds and part of the water spray we got from sitting starboard.

Have fun too.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Crow Bait said:
There was a river-type boat running dinner/harbor cruises out of solomons for a very short time. One summer I think. 2 summers ago.

There's also a Captain out of Ridge that runs Wine and Cheese cruises...
:yeahthat: There was one a few yars ago called the Antici......