The Scariest Movies Ever Made

Agee

This subject has been the topic of threads in the past, but this time of year is always a good time to tap the masses...

We polled over 100 Hollywood insiders to determine once and for all…the scariest movie ever made. Stuff Magazine...

Top Ten out of Thirty:

10. Alien
9. Planet of the Apes
8. CandyMan
7. Psycho
6. A nightmare on Elm Street
5. Jaws
4. Halloween
3. The Shinning
2. Rosemary's Baby

and the #1 scariest movie:

http://www.stuffmagazine.com/articles/index.aspx?id=1499

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The scariest movies I've ever seen are Saw & Saw II. I can't wait for the third to come out! :snacks:

The Grudge was beyond lame and so was Blair Witch Project. :yawn:

stormer41

Steven King's "Silver Bullet"

was about 13 when I saw it....could not even look at stop getting the chills when we would go to church.
When I was 15 and my younger brother was allowed to watch it with me, I had a friend dress up as the werewolf. He was outside scratching the windows and pressing his face on them. My brother kept on telling me, there's something out there. Scared him real bad when my friend rang the door bell and I told him to go and see who it was. He had nightmares for about week.

nomoney

stormer41 said:
Steven King's "Silver Bullet"

was about 13 when I saw it....could not even look at stop getting the chills when we would go to church.
When I was 15 and my younger brother was allowed to watch it with me, I had a friend dress up as the werewolf. He was outside scratching the windows and pressing his face on them. My brother kept on telling me, there's something out there. Scared him real bad when my friend rang the door bell and I told him to go and see who it was. He had nightmares for about week.

I can't wait until my boys are old enough to watch scary movies and I can screw with their heads :lol:

nomoney said:
I can't wait until my boys are old enough to watch scary movies and I can screw with their heads :lol:
Oh stop... like you are waiting...:lol: Remember the first time they saw "Mouse Hunt" and you took the neighborhood's wildest feral cat and used it to reenact the the hell cat in a box scene in their bedroom that night and they wouldn't sleep for a week...:killingme

LordStanley

I know nothing
As a kid I was freaked out about american werewolf in london....

The quality of movies in todays day and age have just gone down hill. To much computer generated special effects and nothing that makes you jump out of your seat.....

The last movie that freaked me out was Signs.... The part where all the little mexican kids were at a Bday party. They were all screaming, the camera panned outside.... A couple seconds later BAM!!!! that alien walks across the alley.... I jump out of my seat.

but movies like saw are just all gore....

Pete

Repete
Steel Magnolias. When Shelby is trying to get to the phone and passes out on the floor. :yikes: I couldn't sleep for a week.

LordStanley said:
As a kid I was freaked out about american werewolf in london....

The quality of movies in todays day and age have just gone down hill. To much computer generated special effects and nothing that makes you jump out of your seat.....

The last movie that freaked me out was Signs.... The part where all the little mexican kids were at a Bday party. They were all screaming, the camera panned outside.... A couple seconds later BAM!!!! that alien walks across the alley.... I jump out of my seat.

but movies like saw are just all gore....
Signs scared the hell out of me and all I can remember thinking was "Crap! What if Kain is right...:yikes:"

J

juggy4805

The movie The Grudge had me shook for about a week. The funny thing is I found a strange book in the attic of the house that I was living in at the time. I don't even look at the previews for the second one.