Tonight on my ride home I met the greatest driver in SOMD.

Pete

Repete
I know this because I was was riding along on my bike, minding my own business, going about 40 and decelerating. I am kind of anal so I had about 25 feet or so between myself and the car in front of me.

That is when the greatest driver in SOMD came into the picture. How do you know he was the greatest driver in SOMD, you ask? Well let me tell you, from out of nowhere, 2 lanes to my right the greatest driver in SOMD accelerated past me then came all the way across in one motion and placed his piece of crap 1990 something black rusted Pontiac within a foot of my front wheel.

Not one lane, two full lanes, one fluid, non-signaled motion. Whoosh. Now figure the skill it took to calculate the closing distance between myself and the car in front of me since we were slowing to stop, and to be able to put his car in that shrinking gap from 2 lanes away is incredible.

I was in so much awe I could not help but to switch right one lane and pass him while saluting his skill piloting a passenger car. :yay:

ocean733

Pete said:
I know this because I was was riding along on my bike, minding my own business, going about 40 and decelerating. I am kind of anal so I had about 25 feet or so between myself and the car in front of me.

That is when the greatest driver in SOMD came into the picture. How do you know he was the greatest driver in SOMD, you ask? Well let me tell you, from out of nowhere, 2 lanes to my right the greatest driver in SOMD accelerated past me then came all the way across in one motion and placed his piece of crap 1990 something black rusted Pontiac within a foot of my front wheel.

Not one lane, two full lanes, one fluid, non-signaled motion. Whoosh. Now figure the skill it took to calculate the closing distance between myself and the car in front of me since we were slowing to stop, and to be able to put his car in that shrinking gap from 2 lanes away is incredible.

I was in so much awe I could not help but to switch right one lane and pass him while saluting his skill piloting a passenger car. :yay:

:lmao: :popcorn:

Vince

When I see such skilled drivers, I would give them a salute with my foot to their drivers door. Or maybe a speech that only Rose could deliver with her usual elequence. :lmao:

Pete

Repete
Vince said:
When I see such skilled drivers, I would give them a salute with my foot to their drivers door. Or maybe a speech that only Rose could deliver with her usual elequence. :lmao:
When I was saluting him I nearly hit the mirror on his passenger side......by accident.

somdfnt

Vince said:
Did he return your salute? :confused:

lol...yes don't you love it when someone has the nerve to flip you off and honk their horn, after they have just cut you off. Just a thought... :howdy:

Agee

Psa!

The center lane while heading north, at the Rt. 4/ 235 intersection is not for left turns... mo-rons! :banghead:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Airgasm said:
The center lane while heading north, at the Rt. 4/ 235 intersection is not for left turns... mo-rons! :banghead:
The double turn lane (the one on the right - there are two turn lanes there), heading south on 235 at Maple, is also not for u-turns. Only the one closest to the island is for u-turns. It's not a double u-turn area. I don't think one of those exists in the United States, but apparently the girl that had CLASS OF 2007 on her car and was talking on her cell phone didn't know that. I hate stupid drivers.

Last edited:

Agee

Pete said:
Was it a black piece of crap Pontiac?

numerous offenders, numerous days...

Track-em down Pete, shouldn't be to hard to find a "piece-of-crap Pontiac".

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I saw that act twice today, actually!

The first time, an SUV was in the right most lane, just prior to the Sunoco station heading north on RTE 235, when he suddenly charged over three lanes, in order to get into the turn lane, to get onto Exploration Dr.!! WoW!!

Later on, I was heading south on RTE 235, and just before Gate One, I saw another "skilled driver" dart at the last moment, bolt from the one of turn off lanes(going onto the NAS), to the right, and he/she exited onto Peggs Rd.

Totally floored me! :notworthy Where, or what school do these people go to, in order to acquire those kinds of artful feats?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Vince said:

:blushing:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
No, he just looked stupid.
I got a look like that today. Was turning north onto Rt.5 at the bottom of St. Andrews and an SUV driver slowed down and pulled onto sholder. As soon as I start to go around, he decides to pull back onto the traveled portion of the road. When I honked, I got the stupid look.

AndyMarquisLIVE

I had some assclown on my rear-deck for about 10 miles on 301. I was doing EXACTLY 55 and was not going to go above. This assclown finally moved off when he saw two piggies on the farm which made me think, "It's amazing how people start obeying the traffic laws when they see the police."

I wish I could've personally thanked this officer as his very presence prevented a wreck between me and this moron and prevented me from using a very animated expression of emotion to him.:killingme

Pete

Repete
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
I had some assclown on my rear-deck for about 10 miles on 301. I was doing EXACTLY 55 and was not going to go above. This assclown finally moved off when he saw two piggies on the farm which made me think, "It's amazing how people start obeying the traffic laws when they see the police."

I wish I could've personally thanked this officer as his very presence prevented a wreck between me and this moron and prevented me from using a very animated expression of emotion to him.:killingme
Groovy :yay: :lmao:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
BS Gal said:
The double turn lane (the one on the right - there are two turn lanes there), heading south on 235 at Maple, is also not for u-turns. Only the one closest to the island is for u-turns. It's not a double u-turn area. I don't think one of those exists in the United States, but apparently the girl that had CLASS OF 2007 on her car and was talking on her cell phone didn't know that. I hate stupid drivers.

That reminds me. Anyone here have a gabby 2007 senior by the name of Kali?

She had a cell phone, lead foot, and Vote Kali most talkative Senior, or something like that on her rear window. I clocked her at 70 on N235 near the Bean Building, and she completely lost me on St. John's and I was slightly above the limit.:whistle: