Wildewood??

BrianMcC1

Hi all,

I am moving to MD next month (just took at job at a St. mary's High School). I have gotten more than one recommendation to check out Wildewood for a rental townhouse. I cannot find a darned thing on the web for this place, just some classifieds on somd.com. Does anyone have any experience with renting from this place? What the heck is it (i see ads for homes for rent and townhouses, is this some sort of huge rental community or something)? Please tell me as much as you can ie. is it newer/older, nice/shoddy, etc etc.

Finally, if you know of anywhere on the web that has info about wildewood that would be really great, id love to read more about it and possibly even see some pictures (wishful thinking :) ).

TIA, I'm really glad i found this site, hopefully now I won't be flying totally blind into a new part of the country!

Regards,

Brian:peace:

H

Heretic

Wildwood is a very nice community, the houses in it are a bit more than a comparable house in other areas. Its back in the trees, they have their own pool and rec facilities. There is a gated retirement community with a very good resturant in there, the old folks didnt seem to receive it very well cause its pretty expensive so they opened it up to the public with reservations.

If I could afford it it would be the only "community" that I would want to live in, Im more of a house out in the woods with no neighbors kind of guy.

tater

Correct me if I'm wrong, folks, but I think Wildwood's townhomes are privately owned, and those owners rent them out; thus, you won't find an office that handles the rentals; you have to find one on your own that is available for rent, or have an agent search the MLS for you. However, with the rental market in this area, when something hits the MLS or gains "vacant" status, it's gone!

You can keep your eye on the SOMD.com classifieds for them (in the rental section), or post an ad for "searching for rental" in the "people seeking real estate rentals" section.

One option that may be easier (if it's just you) in the interim, is to find a roommate to share a place on a 6-month or month-to-month basis first ... that way, you can get to know the area and have more time to find something. But, if you have a family, I wish you luck! Lots of locals can't even find anyplace to rent in the area (that is decent), and with the tornado that hit north of us last month, a lot of other local families are displaced, and need housing too.

Good luck!
BchBns (disguised as Tater)

watercolor

yeah yeah
all are privatly owned I do think Tater...ommm but there is a bunch in the paper....of people renting their town homes....I know if you look on here in theclassifieds too that they have them listed. They and its a very nice community, but I could never afford it myself...

So to answer your question, there is not website.....

What highschool???:D

watercolor

yeah yeah
That is where my soon to be sister-in-law is...she just started her freshman year...will be a sophomore this coming school year....

glitch

Devil's Advocate
I just moved to Wildewood. I love it here. You can actually go for a walk. There's trees...and oh yeah, it's a decent distance from the Park. I work for SMCPS and would highly recommend it if you can find a place here.

cat77

wildewood apartments

This place is a joke, do not go to the Apartments of Wildewood. You will regret it!

Wildewood is a very nice, generally family oriented community.
Here is their website: Welcome to Wildewood – A Stanley Martin Club Community

and the website for the apartments: The Apartments of Wildewood

Chopticon is a bit north of Wildewood, you might want to look at Breton Bay in Leonardtown. There are townhomes at the end of the golf course that are sometimes up for rent.

Best of luck finding a nice place!

gsxr2005

Look , my 2 cents are . wildwood you have no space or yard really . You are Nut to Butt with the people next to you . Which I just dont care for . But as a community it is decent. Alot of house's/ Apartments.

STAY AWAY FROM PEGGS ROAD AND THAT AREA !

Willows road has some NEW nice town homes. Hickory hills also is okay.
Spyglass down near 3rd base gate is okay I guess ( havent been down there for a few years ). As stated befor if you are single and just you. Try and find a room mate first and then check out the area. That would be your best bet !

JULZ

BFJ
Hi all,

I am moving to MD next month (just took at job at a St. mary's High School). I have gotten more than one recommendation to check out Wildewood for a rental townhouse. I cannot find a darned thing on the web for this place, just some classifieds on somd.com. Does anyone have any experience with renting from this place? What the heck is it (i see ads for homes for rent and townhouses, is this some sort of huge rental community or something)? Please tell me as much as you can ie. is it newer/older, nice/shoddy, etc etc.

Finally, if you know of anywhere on the web that has info about wildewood that would be really great, id love to read more about it and possibly even see some pictures (wishful thinking :) ).

TIA, I'm really glad i found this site, hopefully now I won't be flying totally blind into a new part of the country!

Regards,

Brian:peace:

I have always loved Wildewood and am finally moving there in a couple weeks! :yahoo: The townhouses and condos are privately owned therefore are rented by an individual or realtor. There is an apartment complex The Apartments of Wildewood.

I will PM you my realtor's name and she can help you find rentals in that development.
-------------------------
Well crap, I should have looked at the date of the original post....guess he doesn't need my realtor's name :killingme

CrashTest

Wildewood is nice but unless you live in the brand new section, then you had better like living with spiders, tree sap on your cars, and raking leaves.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I sure hope that Brian has found a place to stay. This would have been a long time to be homeless.

Tomcat

Anytime
We're going to have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, single car garage Cape Cod house for rent in the very near future. If interested, PM me.
It is a single family house, not a condo or townhouse.