Cost of a new well?

Geek

So, I think my well has crapped the bed. I was wondering the length of time it takes to get a new one drilled and how much it might cost :confused: I am going to have the well guy that was here last try and give it a little CPR but it is probably done.

Geek said:
So, I think my well has crapped the bed. I was wondering the length of time it takes to get a new one drilled and how much it might cost :confused: I am going to have the well guy that was here last try and give it a little CPR but it is probably done.
What makes you so sure it's the well and not the pump...:confused:

Pete

Repete
Geek said:
Sand?

Geek

kwillia said:
What makes you so sure it's the well and not the pump...:confused:

When my water went during Ernesto, the well guy said the pump was fine. The pump is still working, we turned it off so it won't burn out. My system is like 30 years old and was built to last 25 years :sad:

morganj614

Geek said:

Maybe you should ask the 'well' people experts and not the forumites. Oh, I forgot...you're Geek, the "look at me" poster :duh: Heaven forbid you contact someone in the business( of your latest dilemma).

morganj614 said:
Maybe you should ask the 'well' people experts and not the forumites. Oh, I forgot...you're Geek, the "look at me" poster :duh: Heaven forbid you contact someone in the business( of your latest dilemma).
I realized this wasn't a serious thread when I read her response to "Sand?" :ohwell:

Geek

morganj614 said:

Grandma Morgie, It is 9:30 at night NO ONE IS OPEN. Can you follow someone else around for a while? I don't like to fight the elderly :nono:

Agee

KingFish said:
Post how much a new well is gonna run you. I have to get one eventually.

Count on at least 5K, and a bit of a wait to get a company on site. With all of the home building, the well companies are busy.

I used Calvert Well Drilling, very pleased!

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Existing homes with no water are done as an emergency so maybe about 2 weeks max to get them out to do it. they can also hook up a temporary water tank to get you by usually.

I paid about 6200.00 a couple years ago.

Winslow Pump & Well :thumbsup:

Geek said:
You may not need a whole new well. There are a lot of things that can happen. If it's sucking air it could be a crack in the pipe or the water level is too low.

Agee

desertrat said:
You may not need a whole new well. There are a lot of things that can happen. If it's sucking air it could be a crack in the pipe or the water level is too low.

That was my thought, cracked casing. Based on the age of the well more than likely a shallow one. Which with age, they don't out live the water table or start sucking silt.

My original well was only 55 ft deep, cracked casing, the well pump ran continuosly.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Geek said:
Only two days :yay: Very surprising. Some places were saying 5 weeks.
I have water. I have showers. I'm gone by 6:40 every morning. Do you have water? Like I told you before, you can run a hose to your neighbor's house, if they're nice.