Widening the Solomons Island Bridge

Nitro

Has anyone heard of future plans on this subject? Afternoon traffic heading over to Clavert is getting bad (for around here).

Vince

The politicians talk about it whenever election time comes around, make their promises and then it goes away until the next election. :shrug:

Vince

aps45819 said:
A feasability study for a second span has been funded
Heard that. Also heard that just the study is costing approx. 1 million. Give me the million and I'll tell them they need another span. Study done.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Vince said:
Heard that. Also heard that just the study is costing approx. 1 million. Give me the million and I'll tell them they need another span. Study done.
I don't even drive the bridge that often and know it needs another span:lol: Give me the million!

dustin

UAIOE
If the two lanes were made to go in one direction only during certain times of the day, that would alleviate some of the traffic issues at rush hour.

Geek

dustin said:
If the two lanes were made to go in one direction only during certain times of the day, that would alleviate some of the traffic issues at rush hour.

Don't you think when the two lanes would have to merge into one we would still have traffic issues :confused:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Nitro said:
Has anyone heard of future plans on this subject? Afternoon traffic heading over to Clavert is getting bad (for around here).

It's been bad for years. I know - I drove it daily for close to 20 years. That's one of the reasons I live in St. Mary's County now. :lol:

They knew when they originally built the bridge it would not handle all the traffic needs eventually but like everything else around here, including the widening of 235 when NAVAIR came down here, they tend to react well after the fact. Even if they do the study and propose a new span, it will be at least a decade before the funding is found and the construction finished, so don't look for relief any time soon. :ohwell:

Mikeinsmd

Forgive me for snickering but after driving up the road for 20+ years, I am qualified to say that you guys don't know what traffic is.... :killingme

OK, carry on with your regularly scheduled programming. :yay:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Mikeinsmd said:
Forgive me for snickering but after driving up the road for 20+ years, I am qualified to say that you guys don't know what traffic is.... :killingme

OK, carry on with your regularly scheduled programming. :yay:

:yeahthat: