Tiki Bar Opening 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileyz24

Does anyone know when the opening is for Tiki Bar this year? I know its suppose to be the third weekend in April, but I heard something about it being moved up because the third weekend is Easter? I can't wait!

Athena1078

Social Director
The weekend of April 11. I forget the exact date. Is it usually on Friday and Sat, or just Sat? I have never been, this is my first year in Southern Maryland.. I have been told it is not to be missed

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by Athena1078
Is it usually on Friday and Sat, or just Sat?

Friday is the official opening. Several people go there early, some after work, and some later on!

Ponytail

I'll be there. look for my Jeep (red, with Misfits4x4 on the windshield) and the ponytail. Come say hi!!! I start my new job on Monday and will be living out of a hotel for a few weeks, so I'll have no access to the forum.

SxyPrincess

I'll be there. Hopefully I won't be driving, and surely don't know what I'll be wearing, but if you run into me, say :howdy:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Ponytail
I'll be there. look for my Jeep (red, with Misfits4x4 on the windshield) and the ponytail. Come say hi!!! I start my new job on Monday and will be living out of a hotel for a few weeks, so I'll have no access to the forum.
What hotel was that again?:biggrin:

Vince

Originally posted by Athena1078
The weekend of April 11. I forget the exact date. Is it usually on Friday and Sat, or just Sat? I have never been, this is my first year in Southern Maryland.. I have been told it is not to be missed

If this is your first Tiki bar opening, if you intend to drink, get a designated driver or take a cab. The cops are ususlly all over Solomons for that particular event. There's only one way out, and they just sit and wait.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by Vince
If this is your first Tiki bar opening, if you intend to drink, get a designated driver or take a cab. The cops are ususlly all over Solomons for that particular event. There's only one way out, and they just sit and wait.
nu uh, you could swim across:biggrin:

Kismet

OK. Whats the Tiki bar place like? Thisi s my first year here in this area, too. And whats with the beads? LOL Is it like Mardi Gras or something? LOL....

Someone clue me in ....... I already have the point about getting a designated driver...what else?

SeaRide

Kismet,
Let me try give you a picture..

Outdoor "Happy Hour" by the dock, by the water.

Tiki Bar is not enclosed but open, breezy and topless in a way(pardon the pun). :biggrin:

Relive the Mardi Gras at your discretion. If you wanna get fine and/or arrested for indecent exposure cuz some guy offer you some beads, go ahead be my guest.

You can stand and drink outside only at Tiki Bar, don't walk away or around the island with drinky in your hand.

It's like college spring break for one day but it's for everyone over age 21.

smileyz24

Tiki Bar is always a blast. Yea, it gets real crowded, but its still worth it to just give it a try. I got over 30 beads last year, and not once got caught for indecent exposure. Just give it a try, just a fun day to get away from things!

Status
Not open for further replies.