Car Inspection...uh oh.

Ponytail

I found out on another forum that the initial car inspection in MD is a real beyotch!

Anyway around it...know any garages that are more lenient than others?

Oh yeah... guess you had better PM or email me with any specific garage names/locations. Don't want to ruin a good thing. :wink:

Last edited:

SmallTown

Football season!
They aren't very easy on ya.
Just so you know, find a shop with the lowest cost "specialty". If you take the car to a shop that specialized in alignments, they conveniently say your car is out of whack and has to be fixed. Go to a shop the specialzes in breaks, they will tell you the breaks need to be replaced. You get the idea...

Ponytail

I do all of the work on my jeep my self. So they won't get that shtuff past me. I know the alignment and brakes are good.

I'm just worried about the tire width/fender flare laws, emissions (dunno if it'll pass in Md..passed in Pa though).

no rust on it anywhere, or anything like that. It's just not the original motor, and alot of stuff was "engineered" to work.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Ponytail
I do all of the work on my jeep my self. So they won't get that shtuff past me. I know the alignment and brakes are good.

I'm just worried about the tire width/fender flare laws, emissions (dunno if it'll pass in Md..passed in Pa though).

no rust on it anywhere, or anything like that. It's just not the original motor, and alot of stuff was "engineered" to work.

Some will insist it has to be fixed before they pass it. In that case, close the hood and go to the next shop.
I think it is like $50 to get the inspection done (once you find one that doesn't want to bend you over)

SeaRide

Yeah I was thinking same thing about the tire size/fender flare and the bumper height. Can't remember if the bumper has to be no more than 28(?) inches high or has the law changed since '80's?
The impt thing is to have all the working lights (turn, park, emergency, brake, etc) , working seat belts, working horn, working gauges, etc.

Vince

And if you're in Calvert County you get to pay them to do a mandatory emissions inspection about every two years. And if you're overdue they revoke your registration.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Good luck...

I couldn't pass emissions...
I took my car in for a tune-up and some other emission related repairs... figuring that it needed done anyway and if I went above $400 I'd get that waiver.

$1200 later I took my car in to get reinspected, and still didn't pass. :rolleyes:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
What are you driving Sleuth? I have a 13 year old car that passes everytime on the quick check.

Ponytail

Originally posted by Vince
And if you're in Calvert County you get to pay them to do a mandatory emissions inspection about every two years. And if you're overdue they revoke your registration.

Yep...I'll be in Calvert. great.

Hmmm. Maybe I will rent out a room...and get a new truck.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
It's not that bad...

PT they send you a card a month in advance of your emissions test. Then if you don't go in by that date; they send another reminder, which charges you a late fee.

I forgot one year and stuck the 1st notice in a pile of papers. :frown:

SxyPrincess

...and get a new truck.
Here ya go:
03F250SDSuperCabXLT.jpg