Pray for me

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I am not a very good Christian. The results of this election has me wishing bad on a lot of people. I know God's will was done. It always is. And I know I am to be subject to those in authority.
Romans 13:1-3

1Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

2Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.

3For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
I also know I am supposed to love my enemies, but right now, with Pelosi as speaker of the house, I can only think ill of Democrats and those that voted that way.

God's will will be done. Maybe this is His way of punishing the U.S. Maybe this is the death knell of the United States. I'll wait on Him, but my human feelings are far lees than Christian.

B

Bronwyn

During times when we are ruled by those whom we don't agree with, we have to stand strong. Be a model christian, and follow Christ. Although you don't agree with the change in government, you can continue to be a model citizen. There may be dark times ahead. People may look to you and other Christians to find the light. Feeling bitterness is like drinking poison. It only hurts you.
:huggy:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I feel that God has no interest in the politics of man, only in what is in a person's heart. Stay strong.

Vince

I don't take politics so seriously. Those elected come and go. The country changes for the better or worse. Yes, it affects us in our day to day living, but I'm not going to let that stuff change me and the way I think and feel. :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Vince said:
I don't take politics so seriously. Those elected come and go. The country changes for the better or worse. Yes, it affects us in our day to day living, but I'm not going to let that stuff change me and the way I think and feel. :shrug:

:yeahthat:

Let me just edit this...

2A, when I saw this I thought that something was horribly wrong with you, Sharon, or the kids/grandkids. You have so much to be thankful for and happy about, you need to concentrate on those things.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
2ndAmendment said:
Maybe this is His way of punishing the U.S. Maybe this is the death knell of the United States.
Wake me up when God makes us wander the desert for 40 years. Or soldiers are sent to kill our firstborn sons. When God decides to punish us, we'll know it.

This is nothing.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
Wake me up when God makes us wander the desert for 40 years. Or soldiers are sent to kill our firstborn sons. When God decides to punish us, we'll know it.

This is nothing.
They don't have a 2/3 majority so they don't have the ability to overturn the President's VETO for any loony crap they try to get passed. THAT's A good thing..

In turn we should worry about the troops in IRAQ as in the Dems plan is to cut off funding so we have to bring them home.. but in the meantime they'll have to survive without until we can.

Nanny Pam

Bronwyn said:
During times when we are ruled by those whom we don't agree with, we have to stand strong. Be a model christian, and follow Christ. Although you don't agree with the change in government, you can continue to be a model citizen. There may be dark times ahead. People may look to you and other Christians to find the light. Feeling bitterness is like drinking poison. It only hurts you.
:huggy:

bresamil said:
I feel that God has no interest in the politics of man, only in what is in a person's heart. Stay strong.

Homesick said:
Stop that. You are our rock. Pull yourself up, stand up tall.

I truly believe this election fell the way it is meant to be.

:yeahthat: :yay:

Prayers said for you, 2A

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Take heart my man...

2ndAmendment said:
I am not a very good Christian. The results of this election has me wishing bad on a lot of people. I know God's will was done.

....God created 2008.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
2ndAmendment said:
right now, with Pelosi as speaker of the house, I can only think ill of Democrats and those that voted that way.
It's not like we had a choice here. All the Republicans copped out for fear of running against Steny.

K

Kain99

AHEM!!!! You are an awesome Christian 2A! Simply human, just like Jesus who also blew hot! We love you! :love:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kain99 said:
Simply human, just like Jesus who also blew hot!
"My God, my God. Why hast thou forsaken me?"

Stuff happens, nome sane? And it happens for a reason.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
itsbob said:
They don't have a 2/3 majority so they don't have the ability to overturn the President's VETO for any loony crap they try to get passed. THAT's A good thing.

That there is about the only good thing you can say about the elections of 2006.

But.....Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House???? I know I won't be able to bring myself to watch C-Span on the tube for at least the next 2 years! :lmao:

SMIB Sucks

What the?!?!?
2ndAmendment said:
I am not a very good Christian. The results of this election has me wishing bad on a lot of people. I know God's will was done. It always is. And I know I am to be subject to those in authority. I also know I am supposed to love my enemies, but right now, with Pelosi as speaker of the house, I can only think ill of Democrats and those that voted that way.

God's will will be done. Maybe this is His way of punishing the U.S. Maybe this is the death knell of the United States. I'll wait on Him, but my human feelings are far lees than Christian.

Question: What does god's will have to do with elections? Tell me how it's even remotly possible that a god could want or have anything to do with an election? I'm sure this god of yours has more important things to worry about than who the speaker of the house is. What about all the people that voted Democrat in this recent election, do you think they all are devil worshippers? I mean what are you thinking here? I hope you give me a good response instead of an attack becuase I am very curious.

K

Kain99

SMIB Sucks said:
Question: What does god's will have to do with elections? Tell me how it's even remotly possible that a god could want or have anything to do with an election? I'm sure this god of yours has more important things to worry about than who the speaker of the house is. What about all the people that voted Democrat in this recent election, do you think they all are devil worshippers? I mean what are you thinking here? I hope you give me a good response instead of an attack becuase I am very curious.
God loves the USA! Of course he cares about elections! Jeez oh Peez! :buttkick:

SamSpade

SMIB Sucks said:

I'm guessing you're not terribly religious or you'd be familiar with the concept discussed, and not the straw man you've turned it into.

One is, God's omnipotence and his involvement in the world.

Some types believe that God wound up the world like a little clock, and is content to pretty much let it run, and only is involved in the really big things and important people. He sometimes intervenes in things like wars or when Grandma has a heart attack.

Others are more fatalistic - they believe NOTHING happens without God's direct intervention. This of course, makes God the actual source of evil, and so - well, not a LOT of people believe this - at least not, directly.

But many evangelicals follow a different approach - which they often distill into the phrase "God is in control". They'll point frequently to the story of Joseph, which illustrates the concept perfectly.

See, Joseph was the next to youngest - and clearly, FAVORITE - son of Jacob (Israel). He was the first son of the wife he REALLY labored for 14 years for, having been duped into marriage with her sister, and been given children by her and her handmaiden. But he favored the child given him by Rachel, and understandably - the REST OF HIS SIBLINGS couldn't stand him. His father made a special coat for him, and Joseph, who received visions, was a bit *vocal* in telling them to his brothers.

So they sold him into slavery. Well not REALLY. Actually they threw him into a cistern in order to KILL him, but when they saw some traders go by, they figured they could at least make some MONEY of off him.

You probably know the rest of the story - Joseph is sold, is a slave, gets unjustly thrown in prison, interprets dreams, is brought to Pharoah and correctly interprets that a famine is coming and is placed over all Egypt, second only to Pharaoh. He saves his starving family with whom he is reunited in extremely dramatic fashion.

And the crucial remark by Joseph "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives". The time between the two events was many decades - between the selling of Joseph and his rise in Egypt.

So the understanding is this - not so much as a single sparrow falls to earth without God's say-so. God permits some things to happen - and he causes others to happen - but his purpose isn't thwarted, even though he refuses to intervene in some things he's given to us to decide. NO ONE is unimportant to God. The small events of your life are EVERY BIT AS IMPORTANT as those of every one else. You don't draw a single breath or have a single heartbeat without the working of God. Evil events - such as what happened to Joseph - happen all the time. God makes them work for the good. It does not make God the creator of evil - but he may or may not halt it in its tracks because mankind is still answerable to him for it.

So if John Kerry had been elected President - it's because God allowed it to be that way. If Bush had been elected - same thing. If Kim Jong Il dies tomorrow or if he lives to be a hundred - the same thing is true. He's in control. You may not like the events as they unfold, but he knows what he's doing.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Thank you all.

I am still a bit depressed. I was depressed about other things before the election and the election just deepened it. Now, I am more depressed about my reaction yesterday.

Please forgive me.