The Resturant formally known as Perkins...

fuzzyng

Anyone go to the Alices in Leonardtown (before it shut down) or the one in Wildewood?

I guess I'm just like a major food/resturant critic, or something, but I went to the one in Wildewood, after it turned to Alices, and it like totally blew... the food was cold, the menu was lame, and the service stunk...

I went back, about 3 months later and nothing had changed.... I was wondering if anything had changed... i noticed it was still openned and wondered why *L* Anyone with any feedback? Thanks!

:mrt: d

(get it? I pity the food? i know, sad...)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have been there one time and am in total agreement with you. :barf:

I wonder how they even stay open, I never see a crowd like there was when it was Perkins.:confused:

G

giggles04

I can honestly say that once it changed from Perkins... I haven't set foot in the place. I miss Perkins!!!!!

BudoPo

To paraphrase Homer Simpson,

"Mmm...French Silk Pie...."

I miss Perkins, too (except for the lousy service).

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Why did the two Perkins' change to Alice's?

When I saw the Alice's sign for the first time, I mistook it for Mel's on the bad TV show Alice. I expected to walk in and see Flo waiting tables and Mel bellowing from the kitchen.

fuzzyng

Originally posted by Tonio
Why did the two Perkins' change to Alice's?

from what i was told, the owners of the Perkins franchise contract wern't paying their bills to the main parkins people, so they took back the franchise name, food delivery, and other things we all miss... french silk pie... *drools*

watercolor

yeah yeah
Yes *nods* honey that is what happen, they were not paying their bills, so their only option was to opt out of the contract....which is very sad, cause it was a great place. I remember us with all of our friends going ther ein the middle of the night and or very early in the morning before crashing, also a biug hot spot for homecoming and prom.....*shrugs* I dunno why some one has not gotten the idea to take up the contract and go with it and bring it back...do you know how much $$$$ they would bring in...cause people would be soo ohappy that they are back. ...they would be bigger and booming more than ever!!!!1:cheesy:

S

ShellyCW

Alice's :boo:

The only reason we went to Alice's in the first place was because we had no idea that Perkin's had left. We decided to try Alice's, but regretted that decision. The food was lousy (the meatloaf had the thickness of lunchmeat), the menu was thin, and service wasn't that great. I really miss Perkin's!!

G

giggles04

Ok, it seems like no one likes the place at all... so lets nobody go to it!!!! And maybe then they'll change it back to Perkins, and we can all be happy again!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm not sure but I think the one in Leonardtown is closed for good! I've never witnessed a single car there or the lights on.

It's probably only a matter of time before the other one is down the drain and maybe someone will buy both places from the deadbeat owners and reopen as Perkins. I can't imagine they were losing money as "Perkins" and could use that as an excuse for not paying their franchise fees.

It really stinks, not having Perkins or Denny's down here, or anything for that matter that serves a fair to good breakfast!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The one in Leonardtown has been closed for quite some time now. Its all overgrown and I think it has a for lease sign on it as well. I for one will never set foot in the other one again.

fuzzyng

Originally posted by RoseRed
The one in Leonardtown has been closed for quite some time now. Its all overgrown and I think it has a for lease sign on it as well. I for one will never set foot in the other one again.

For Lease, eh??

HEY! I say we all chip in and like buy the one in leonardtown and turn it into a cyber cafe that serves breakfast ass day long and like has "Anti-Alice" signs in the bathrooms... :crazy:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Here is what a reliable source told me about the situation.

The owners switched out of Perkins b/c Perkins remodels every 10 years and the owners have to put up 10K for each location to do so. The owners didn't have the money so they got out. They also couldn't get a loan for the money b/c they weren't paying bills.

The little birdie also told me they wanted to fail b/c the owner is also an owner of two other local business. Sugar Shack and Pressed For Time dry cleaning service.

I have a feeling this was a plan and it won't be long now before the other one is closed. Perkins was starting to lose business when they stopped being open 24 hours on weekends and it just went down from there.

fuzzyng

*sniffles* I make a good idea about cyber cafe and Rose laughs at it because of a typo... *sniffles* :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

:p

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I like the cyber cafe idea ~ it's a good one! I was just laughing at the typo, because it was funny!
:D

G

giggles04

Originally posted by fuzzyng

For Lease, eh??

HEY! I say we all chip in and like buy the one in leonardtown and turn it into a cyber cafe that serves breakfast ass day long and like has "Anti-Alice" signs in the bathrooms... :crazy:

That sounds like a good idea to me!:)

fuzzyng

YAH! I was wondering... well, then... time to do some reasearch... *evil grin* time to get some people together... time to kick some Alice BOOTAY! *LOL* I'd rather have the Alices in Wildewood (closer to my house *LOL*) but I guess the Leonardtown one will work... anyone know if there are DSL lines in Leonardtown or am I going to have to call Verizon and sucker them into giving me a leased T1?

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Believe it or not, this is the first time that I have been to this forum. Guees that it is time to tell what I know about this situation.

1. The owners of Alices are the same people who now own Alices.
One owns the Wildewood Office Complex and The Wharf and the other worked for Wildewood, in home sales. Neither one of these guys had/have anything to do with Pressed4Time or the Sugar Shack.
The partner that worked for Wildewood Builders died last year.

2.The reasons for the change were
First off all the new restaurants in the area. There are only so many ways to cut the pie when it comes to customers and there was simply a slow down in customers. Next the Wildewood Center has gone through a bunch of changes, from ownership to empty stores. This had slowed down the number of people going to the center. Next was the smoking issue that cut customer counts by 10% or better. By the time this was changed, the damage had been done. Next was when the store in Leonardtown was built. This drained another 10%-15% of the customer count from the Wildewood location. Then there is the employee situation.....it stinks. I had a conversation with on of the General Managers of one of the new restaurants today. He said that his biggest problem with this area is the lack of employees and those that are here for the most part don't want to work. This problem also grew into the management area. Trying to find responsible people to manage these units was tough to say the least. Yes service began to slip, and as more restaurants came to the county the worse it got.

3.Perkins Corp demanded that a remodel be done in both stores. This would have cost well over $100,000 per store. Honestly the owners didn't think that the return on investment was there. They decided with Perkins Corp to end the franchise agreement.

4.Both restaurants are for sale Leonardtown for $1,475,000. and Wildewood for $1,250,000. I feel that both of these locations are over priced and will remain empty until the price comes down.

Last edited: