Sunday Edition

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I've noticed that St. Mary's Today now has a Sunday edition. I welcome this about as much as I would welcome a second weekly case of projectile vomiting.

:barf:

John Z

if you will
I think that paper is entertaining! :biggrin: I never see it in print, but sometimes I go to their website for a grin.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Lots of people consider that paper entertaining, and I can see why. I do get some satisfaction out of seeing drunk drivers shamed in print. From a journalistic standpoint, however, if the paper is going to do that, the paper should follow every one of the drunk driver arrests through the court system. I've heard that most of these drivers are never charged, or else their charges are tossed or placed on inactive status. Why not use the paper to expose that instead?

So why don't I like St. Mary's Today? Because the paper promotes hate and divisiveness. In its election coverage, it strongly implies that people not born in St. Mary's should be banned from ever holding office here. And then it turns around and uses the word Redneck to describe the partiers at the Tiki Bar. All this does is pit natives and newcomers against one another just to sell newspapers.

Also, I know people who consider the paper's crime coverage to be racist. I don't see the racism, I think it's more of a white-versus-black thing, same as the native-versus-newcomer thing.

Last edited:

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by John Z
I think that paper is entertaining! :biggrin: I never see it in print, but sometimes I go to their website for a grin.

What's the web address? I'm always up for some good trash!