Officer Uses Taser To Subdue Python

Shetiger

The Hard Way
Officer Uses Taser To Subdue Python
Snake Was Eating Man's Hand

POSTED: 7:23 am EST December 1, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

UNIONTOWN, Pa. -- A police officer used a Taser to subdue a python that had wrapped itself around a man's arm and would not let go.

Steve Crilly, 47, was feeding a rat to the 8-foot-long albino Burmese python, which belongs to his daughter, when it when it bit his left hand and wrapped tightly around his left arm Wednesday night, Uniontown patrolman Ray Miller said.

"The snake was on his arm and was eating his hand," Miller told the Herald-Standard of Uniontown for Friday's editions. Crilly "was very calm, considering there was a good bit of blood," he said.

In an effort to free the man without permanently harming the snake, Miller said he shot the animal with his Taser, a gun that sends an electric shock through wired darts. The snake immediately went limp and released its grip.

Crilly was treated by paramedics at the scene for what Miller called "a nasty cut" on his hand. The snake was uninjured and remained at the home, Miller said. Crilly did not immediately return a message left at his home Thursday by The Associated Press.

Miller said the incident was unique, but not especially scary. "Snakes don't bother me," he said

rack'm

Jaded
You'd think they guy would just make a fist and punch a wall a couple times....I'd say that snake would let go. :shrug:

Also.......someone hasn't fed that snake in a LONG time if it's trying to eat something that's not dead and so large. :ohwell:

Cowgirl

A rat for an 8-ft. python? That's just teasing him....he was probably pissed at his owner and trying to tell him he needed more food.

I saw on tv that you can pour warm water on the snake and it'll release.....

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
rack'm said:
You'd think they guy would just make a fist and punch a wall a couple times....I'd say that snake would let go. :shrug:

Also.......someone hasn't fed that snake in a LONG time if it's trying to eat something that's not dead and so large. :ohwell:

If it was wrapping around his arm with his hand in it's mouth it was likely trying to kill his hand.

The guy was also a dumbass for not just dropping the rat in. I had ball pythons when I was younger. I opened up the cage enough to get the mouse in and dropped it. I never stuck my whole hand/arm in the cage to put the food in. That's just down right simple.

rack'm

Jaded
bresamil said:
You'd find someway to use it on goggleboy, wouldn't you? :really:

Nah.......I'd have more fun hiding a strobe light in his cube with a remote than zapping him and watching him flounder around on the floor.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
pixiegirl said:
If it was wrapping around his arm with his hand in it's mouth it was likely trying to kill his hand.

The guy was also a dumbass for not just dropping the rat in. I had ball pythons when I was younger. I opened up the cage enough to get the mouse in and dropped it. I never stuck my whole hand/arm in the cage to put the food in. That's just down right simple.

Yep. I wonder what the guy's going to do when the Burmese is 15-20 ft long. :lmao:

S

smurfie

kwillia said:
No lie...:lol: I notice you have trash collector as a vocation. What kind of trash do you collect?

white trash I collect.. j/k... its a joke thats all !