Last night, 235 South of Carroll's Eqipment.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My daughter was afraid to go home as she was on her way to her house the road was inundated with State and County cop cars. She worked the late shift, and her husband was going to be at work until 7 AM. Helicopter overhead, firetrucks ambulance.. I even commented to BG about how late the helicopter was up, it was after midnight and I assumed it was the Firescout buzzing out house again.

She was going to come here but was concerned that we were already asleep, had to convince in with those circumstances I would understand and we DO have a free bedroom.

Anyways, she called to ask if I knew anything, and I didn't, anyone??

ylexot

Super Genius
"Trooper 7 was forced to turn back for gas before being able to assist the victim."

WTF? Why don't you go assist and get somebody else to bring gas with them?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
ylexot said:
"Trooper 7 was forced to turn back for gas before being able to assist the victim."

Ambulance was there.. and by the time somebody got the Av-Gas to them they'd already be back and have the victim at the hospital..

I just don't understand 1) what caused them to search, and 2) Why didn't they know where he was?

The story says Rt 5.. four miles of shoulder.. my daughter lives on 235, about 9 miles North from where they found the guy.. so they had NO idea where this guy was. Kinda sucked for him... especially if he had a cell phone, and it wasn't Verizon.

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Motorcyclist left friend's house on Trapp road... a little while later friend receives phone call from motorcyclist saying he was run off the road, injured and laying under power lines not knowing where he was. Motorcyclist phone goes dead leading to an entire search south of the park. I listened to most of it on the scanner.

Hello all.. been lurking a little bit before posting.

Todd

Geek

JustTodd said:
Motorcyclist left friend's house on Trapp road... a little while later friend receives phone call from motorcyclist saying he was run off the road, injured and laying under power lines not knowing where he was. Motorcyclist phone goes dead leading to an entire search south of the park. I listened to most of it on the scanner.

Todd

Todd,

You are my new favorite :yay:

Love,
Geek

itsbob

I bowl overhand
JustTodd said:

Todd
Wow, hope he recovers, and can give a good description of the a-hole that ran him off of the road.

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
itsbob said:
Wow, hope he recovers, and can give a good description of the a-hole that ran him off of the road.

I hope so as well... I have a feeling there may be more to the story though from what I heard but I may have misunderstood while listening. Oh Trooper 7 was out searching for about an hour + burning fuel before he was located by a woman passing by.

Thanks Geek! I'm not too sure about all the stuff on this board but thanks.

Geek

JustTodd said:
I hope so as well... I have a feeling there may be more to the story though from what I heard but I may have misunderstood while listening. Oh Trooper 7 was out searching for about an hour + burning fuel before he was located by a woman passing by.

Thanks Geek! I'm not too sure about all the stuff on this board but thanks.

:huggy: Hang in there, it is a lot of fun :yay:

lkt

curly-locks
i have heard of quite a few of these incidents lately in the ridge/dameron area of people being run off the road..and then beaten up and and robbed. it seems to be happening on the weekends, and possibly gangs from up the road, down here trying to see what they can steal ...

i also heard that quite a few of the victims did not report the muggings to the police because they feared a re-visit from the punks..

sockgirl77

lkt said:
i have heard of quite a few of these incidents lately in the ridge/dameron area of people being run off the road..and then beaten up and and robbed. it seems to be happening on the weekends, and possibly gangs from up the road, down here trying to see what they can steal ...

i also heard that quite a few of the victims did not report the muggings to the police because they feared a re-visit from the punks..
I have not heard of anything like that happening. Scary. I do not live that from from that area. I used to live in Scotland. I always felt safe down there. I never even locked my car down there. It's always been such a peaceful and friendly area. I really hope that this is not true. :frown:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
ylexot said:

Guess he felt if he ran short... "Gravity" wouldn't be his friend.

How many 5-gallon gas cans would that take?

ylexot

Super Genius
Kyle said:
Guess he felt if he ran short... "Gravity" wouldn't be his friend.

How many 5-gallon gas cans would that take?
:dork: I was thinking that Trooper 7 was a car. I should have read the whole thing again.

BigRed

itsbob said:

the guy was drunk and he ran off the road....he was not run off the road

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BigRed said:
the guy was drunk and he ran off the road....he was not run off the road
That was my first thought, but I didn't know enough to make that assumption.

sockgirl77

lkt said:

Anyone find out if any of this is true?

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
Well I guess what I heard was correct then.

As far as the crime in Ridge and people breaking doors down I have yet to hear of such. Quite peaceful down in Ridge except for the Friday and Saturday "let's just see how much rubber we can burn off the tires" event... but then again 20 or so years earlier you could find me doing the same thing.