Yet another roof repair thread

Old Dog

Problem: 2 shingles came off my 3yo roof (not real pleased about That!) in the high winds we had several weeks ago. Also, there is a leak of undetermined origin at the whole other end of the house. DH has been up in the attic space and where the water drips from is a truss - which means that it could come from anywhere. There is no penetration of the roof anywhere in the neighborhood of the water (as in, not within 2-3 trusses). This is a roof attenna but it is 2-3 trusses over. There is no visible sign of damage from outside - but then that's looking up from ground level and this is 2-1/2 story house.

I've read elsewhere that Roofing by George is decent. They're in Mechanicsville and I'm in Bushwood so that's handy. Also, DH mentioned them (though he tends to not think we need estimates and references so frankly I didn't give that much weight).

But. I figured I'd check for any other opinions - either specifically on Roofing by George - or anyone else. If I were willing to climb up that high or wanted to see my DH do it, I know we can easily repair the 2 missing shingles ourselves. It's the actual leak that I'm most concerned about. And so I'd need a firm that was especially good at tracking down such leaks.

Thanks for any help or opinions you have on this.

Take care,
Melody

Ponytail

I just had a roof installed by Roofing by George. Out of the 3 estimates that I got over the last couple of years, these guys by far impressed me the most, and definitely offered the best bang for the buck.

I couldn't be happier with the work. All concerns that I had while the job was being completed was addressed professionally and to my satisfaction.

:yay:

Vince

Ponytail said:
I just had a roof installed by Roofing by George. Out of the 3 estimates that I got over the last couple of years, these guys by far impressed me the most, and definitely offered the best bang for the buck.

I couldn't be happier with the work. All concerns that I had while the job was being completed was addressed professionally and to my satisfaction.

:yay:
Heard of these guys. They're good, or at least that's what I'm hearing about them. I'm going to need a new roof in the Spring.