wonderful way to spend our tax dollars

slaphappynmd

re-elected Mike Evans spent little time spending out money. At least 9 police cars were at the Flag Ponds intersection with radar pulling people over. One cop sitting on his ass with binoculars radioing to waiting cars on who to pull over, 4 in line waiting, 4 with cars pulled over, and 1 turning around to return to start all over again. Rather then trying to prevent crime, they sit on their ass during rush hour, all in one spot...

W

Wenchy

pingrr said:
They do shoot more radar in Calvert than anyother place I have seen.

I have yet to see a police car, much less radar in St. Mary's.*

Good for Calvert!

*I don't live there, but visit often enough to say this.

Ponytail

I've never seen Calvert Sherrifs Dept shooting radar on 4. I've only seen Statey's setting up stops like that.

slaphappynmd said:
re-elected Mike Evans spent little time spending out money. At least 9 police cars were at the Flag Ponds intersection with radar pulling people over. One cop sitting on his ass with binoculars radioing to waiting cars on who to pull over, 4 in line waiting, 4 with cars pulled over, and 1 turning around to return to start all over again. Rather then trying to prevent crime, they sit on their ass during rush hour, all in one spot...
It all started years ago when a bunch of citizens got together and decided it would be a good idea to have a police force to protect our communities. They did this in an outstanding manner for years. Then it went to crap. End of story. Now half of them seem to be working for the MVA.

bcp

In My Opinion
slaphappynmd said:
Rather then trying to prevent crime, they sit on their ass during rush hour, all in one spot...

last I heard, it was a crime to speed. so, they are stopping crime.
and statisically, you have a higher chance of dying in a car accident due to a careless driver than you do by being shot while getting your chili dog at the wawa.

sounds like a good use of resources to me. but then, I dont usally drive far enough above the speed limit to warrent a ticket.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Wenchy said:
I have yet to see a police car, much less radar in St. Mary's.*

Good for Calvert!

*I don't live there, but visit often enough to say this.

Then you need to check out 235 around lunch or rush hour. Believe me, they are out there.

jazz lady said:
Then you need to check out 235 around lunch or rush hour. Believe me, they are out there.
There just aren't as many places to set up on 235 between the base and 4. So instead of slowing speeders down where there are accidents every day they set up where it is easy pickings. This leads me to believe the higher purpose of making our roads safer has been corrupted by the ease of bringing in dollars.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
desertrat said:
There just aren't as many places to set up on 235 between the base and 4. So instead of slowing speeders down where there are accidents every day they set up where it is easy pickings. This leads me to believe the higher purpose of making our roads safer has been corrupted by the ease of bringing in dollars.

Oh, I totally agree. It's a big source of revenue and it's much easier to set up so you score 4 or 5 speeders at a time versus only 1 or 2.

jazz lady said:
Oh, I totally agree. It's a big source of revenue and it's much easier to set up so you score 4 or 5 speeders at a time versus only 1 or 2.
I have passed the trooper just before the Wawa heading North the few times hes been out there. People slow down and then get right back up to 60 as soon as they are past. What good does that do? Big waste of time if you ask me. I'd say they are just out there so they can say they are doing something about the problem.

willie

Ponytail said:
I've never seen Calvert Sherrifs Dept shooting radar on 4. I've only seen Statey's setting up stops like that.
They were out in force around 4PM. Even had an SUV and some kind of family sedan in the mix of chase cars. Three separate locations on RT4. Even the 'Dare' car was there.

Ponytail

Cool. I'm ALL in favor of stops like this. NORMALLY, they get a few unlicensed, uninsured, unregistered, wanted on warrant... off the street.

I don't see it as a waste at all, no matter who does it.

W

Wenchy

jazz lady said:

That is good to know. :yay:

I am only there on the weekends when it becomes a dragstrip. The shoulders seem to become an additional lane.

Where are they then?

Josimmon

willie said:
They were out in force around 4PM. Even had an SUV and some kind of family sedan in the mix of chase cars. Three separate locations on RT4. Even the 'Dare' car was there.

I went through around 4PM too...5 people pulled over and about 6 more cruisers waiting for more...I have to say RT 4 is the only place I have seen the cop in the chair with the radar gun and a radio...

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
slaphappynmd said:
I think it's a fantastic idea. People endanger my life daily on route 4.

CMC122

Go Braves!
jazz lady said:
And Flat Iron has a guy that sits there too.

And I'm with the others, good on them for busting drivers for things they shouldn't be doing:yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Wenchy said:
I have yet to see a police car, much less radar in St. Mary's.
I passed 2 on the way home from work today, they were only doing about 10 mph over the speed limit.

edinsomd

aps45819 said:
I passed 2 on the way home from work today, they were only doing about 10 mph over the speed limit.

And you were going how fast when you went past them? :razz:
Just kidding, I have a tendency to put cages on my six, where presumably they can’t hurt me.
Ed

Last edited:

lil_daisy

you hsould see the speeders near the hughesville overpass construction. On the south bound side of 5 there is a spot for 30 MPH, on the north bound side of 5 is 40. NO ONE goes the limit. SUV's and tractor trailers FLY through there.

:popcorn:

Ponytail

lil_daisy said:
you hsould see the speeders near the hughesville overpass construction. On the south bound side of 5 there is a spot for 30 MPH, on the north bound side of 5 is 40. NO ONE goes the limit. SUV's and tractor trailers FLY through there.

:popcorn:

Well, that is just plain fun to do up there. :yay: