Dr. Zabiegalski dental surgery

ehall

I developed a pretty severe toothache in a couple of molars recently, which did not go away on its own. Time for an emergency extraction. I tried the other maxillofacial place, but they said I had to get a dentists recommendation first. I'm new here and I don't have a regular dentist yet, and I wasn't going to go pay one just so I could go back and get the surgery I knew I needed.

I called Zabiegalski office first thing Monday and got an appt for 10 AM. They gave me xrays and prescriptions, and scheduled me for surgery on 9 AM Tues. They pulled out my last two wisdom teeth, and the two molars that were damaged, all under general anesthesia. Total cost for the surgery was $1100, and the total cost for the first visit (including xrays and drugs) was about $200, all in less than 24 hours notice.

Seems to have gone pretty good. The toothache pain is all gone, and there is very little residual pain from the surgery right now (approx 24 hours later). There was some serious bleeding the first half of Tues, but none today, and I'm probably going to be back on whole foods by Friday or sooner at this rate (already back on coffee).

The girls from the office are pretty :) and they called to check in on my recovery yesterday afternoon which was nice.

I asked about getting some more removed and getting implants but they said it was unnecessary and recommended me to a cosmetic dentist. That's a good sign, they could have made more scratch with the surgery, but said it wasn't in my best interest.

So FYI, great experience overall.

ps--Don't let anybody tell you that US healthcare is broken. These are perfectly reasonably prices for four extractions under GA, and there wasn't any of the waiting that the socialized healthcare systems are plagued with.

christy217

I am glad you had a better experience. I went to him last December, told him I thought I had an abcess in my bottom gums, in the front, he told me he didn't see anything, wouldn't take an xray said it was a waste of my money. My bottom teeth hurt so bad they were loose and wiggley. He literally told me it was in my head and that I could be referred to Georgetown to have the dentists look at me there, I told him that I didn't appreciate his care as a patient and I wish that he would do an xray. He still didn't want to, to waste my money, even though I offered to pay with cash, and I had insurance that would cover too.
I left his office, paid the 50 fee for the visit, even though my insurance would pay it, and then went to see Dr. Amin, who did a simple xray and found out I had a severe abcess that was pushing out my two bottom teeth and the two besides those. It was so severe he had to let it drain for about an hour after I had a week of antibiotics.
I was livid about the treatment I received, and in addition to that, my insurance paid him and I requested a refund with proof from the office for 3 months and they still didn't do it. I had to get the insurance company on the phone and do a three way just to get my 50 bucks back, but it was the principal of the matter.
Previously, however, he did end up pulling two of my wisdom teeth and I didn't have a problem with him them, that was about 10 years ago.

thetruediva

I went and had 4 wisdom teeth pulled by Dr. Z! I worried myself sick about the pain and everything! I hate dentist! It was painless! I think he is wonderful and I will continue to go to him as well. :high5: