For those of you with little ones...

Cockdiesel

Mr. Contemptuous
Just passing along some information to keep you and your family safe. Click the link for more information.

www.familywatchdog.us

When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as a small icon of a house. There will be red, blue and green dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a picture of a criminal will appear with his or her home address and the description of the crime he or she has committed. It will amaze you to see how close these people live to you, your home, and/or childs school.

The site was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted.

bcp

In My Opinion
Geek said:
How close can those bastards be to an elementary school :confused:
As close as they want and there is not a thing you can do about it.
Sucks dont it?

According to that site, we dont have any of those perverts around me. But they are not too far from my daughters school.
Nice calming feeling knowing that dont you think?

Cockdiesel

Mr. Contemptuous
bcp said:
As close as they want and there is not a thing you can do about it.
Actually their is a certain distance. I think it is 2000 feet or 2000 yards. I would have to look through some old books to find the info I have forgotten. I'm sure somebody can find it on the web fast than I can though... but I'll look. Whatever it is, it isn't far enough.

N

nitwhit3286

Thats terrible, my friend showed me that website a while back. But all you can do is teach your children to not talk with strangers on let someone they don't know touch them. Its a scary world we live in, but our parents probably thought the same when they were raising us..and they somehow managed to do it...so all we can do is teach our children right from wrong.

Geek

nitwhit3286 said:
Thats terrible, my friend showed me that website a while back. But all you can do is teach your children to not talk with strangers on let someone they don't know touch them. Its a scary world we live in, but our parents probably thought the same when they were raising us..and they somehow managed to do it...so all we can do is teach our children right from wrong.

Screw that. We need to fight for more security at our schools.

bohman

There's a couple in my neighborhood. Would it be wrong to put up some signs in their yard? Just as a community service.

N

nitwhit3286

Geek said:
Screw that. We need to fight for more security at our schools.

ok, remember this place is county...even public schools in va beach don't have very many police or security...I don't know how this place would afford them.

Geek

nitwhit3286 said:
ok, remember this place is county...even public schools in va beach don't have very many police or security...I don't know how this place would afford them.

When parents stand up and demand that the place we are required by law to send our children be as safe as we can make it. We can not pretend schools are safe anymore.

Geek said:
When parents stand up and demand that the place we are required by law to send our children be as safe as we can make it. We can not pretend schools are safe anymore.
What do you propose schools do differently...:confused:

Geek

kwillia said:

Security cameras, doors that can be closed and locked from the outside. No portables that are located outside the main buildings.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Geek said:
Security cameras, doors that can be closed and locked from the outside. No portables that are located outside the main buildings.
And where should they get this money?

N

nitwhit3286

kwillia said:

you can't keep people including adults out of learning establishments..at least the public ones. I remember when I went to high school I would always see older folks walking the halls, that honestly had no business there. I mean schools really can't do a whole lot...

N

nitwhit3286

Geek said:

you cannot lock up a school building...at least a public school building..I can almost guarantee it...security cameras...are a complete joke unless you have someone in the surveillance room at all times which isn't going to happen. An portables are cheaper than adding an actually extension to the school so they are going to go away...that is all a mountain of money that public schools don't have...they can barely afford books and maps for all classrooms much less security equipment and additions to school buildings.

Geek

nitwhit3286 said:
you can't keep people including adults out of learning establishments..at least the public ones. I remember when I went to high school I would always see older folks walking the halls, that honestly had no business there. I mean schools really can't do a whole lot...

That right there is crazy talk. Schools are obligated to keep our kids as safe as possible.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Geek said:
from the school budget, fundraisers and what about the freaking lotto :shrug:
But don't they take that money to get school books, and other things?

I don't have kids, I agree with making them safer, but I am sure they have thought about this before.

how many kids are taken from the schools themselves? And not on their way home, or at home?

Geek said:
That right there is crazy talk. Schools are obligated to keep our kids as safe as possible.
My kids both went to Leonardtown Elementary School and I was extremely satisfied with how that school was run and secured.

N

nitwhit3286

Geek said:
from the school budget, fundraisers and what about the freaking lotto :shrug:

day trips would be cut from the school budget if they had to afford security equipment...then your children would get less of an education if they began deducting learning materials so they can have security folks roaming halls..and the chances of a fundraiser raking in thousands about thousands of dollars...unlikely...and a lotto? what are the chances of that one?