Finding the owner of a piece of property

Claff

Is there a place to look up who owns a particular piece of real estate? I don't have an address but I can get latitude and longitude (it's a large stretch of undeveloped land). Someone owns it, just trying to find out who so I can contact him/her with some questions.

UpChuckMan

Upper Charles County :-)
Claff said:
Is there a place to look up who owns a particular piece of real estate? I don't have an address but I can get latitude and longitude (it's a large stretch of undeveloped land). Someone owns it, just trying to find out who so I can contact him/her with some questions.

Go to the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation - Real Property Data Search database at:
http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/

Enter in the County and then just the street name (do not include "street," "Road," "Court," etc. this will give a list of all the properties on the road. You may be able to figure out which is the one you want by looking at other address on the road.

And if you can't find it that way...you can come into one of our county offices and look at our maps. Each county SDAT office has a set of maps for that county for public use.

Last edited:
There's a link on the county website for the county GIS where you can click on a piece of property in an aerial photo, and it will take you to the tax records for that property.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
sweetpea said:
And if you can't find it that way...you can come into one of our county offices and look at our maps. Each county SDAT office has a set of maps for that county for public use.

Can't you just tell him who owns it without all the extra hassle? :confused: