What a load of...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:mad:

I hate when you buy a subscription to something, and not only do they automatically renew you and charge your credit card (which isn't so bad) but you can't cancel the subscription renewal online (which is just ignorant).

You should be able to cancel the subscription via email or go to the website. You shouldn't have to call their friggin' "customer service" :rolleyes: line and jump through hoops.

We do automatic renewals with Somd.com advertising, but the client simply has to send me an email to let me know they don't want to renew. AND we don't automatically charge credit cards unless we've been authorized to do so. We don't even keep cc information on file unless the client has specifically asked us to.

What a bunch of crap. :mad:

willie

I'm ready to go to war with Intuit over this. The only way I'll be able to contact them is via Visa when they cancel the payment. I've heard that XM radio is a big offender when you pay by credit card.

bcp

In My Opinion
I would think that it would be illegal for a company to charge anything to your card without your approval.
I know I would be run through the courts if I ever misused anyones card during a transaction.

willie

bcp said:
I would think that it would be illegal for a company to charge anything to your card without your approval.
I know I would be run through the courts if I ever misused anyones card during a transaction.

Where I got caught was in one of those multi page small print contracts you get before a download. Buried in the middle of that boredom was the "automatically renew" catch phrase.

ShyGirl

Something I noticed a lot lately are magazine subscription renewal notifications from companies that are different from the one that holds my current subscription.

They must've bought my name and address from the company that holds my current subscription.

S

smurfie

I have ran into this problem before, but actually the company refunded my money since I explained to them that I didnt want to renew there product they were sending me, and I had no binding contract to do so.

Warron

I purposely pay for all three of my magizine subcriptions by check for this reason. They still tick me off though. I have a record of exactly when I sent them a check last year, so I know exactly when my subscription will run out. But every year they start hounding me for money 6 months ahead of time. I just ignore them though. If I sent them a check in January last year, then they aren't getting another one till the next time January comes around.

Last edited: