Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What has gone wrong with this country!

You know, I was zipping around in the classified and I came upon this ad below under the "Homes for Sale" area.  Can you BELIEVE this idiot!     She has the ODASITY to come on a public BB and announce how much OUR tax dollars are paying for her living quarters (btw, she can afford a better place than me and I am a high graded government employee) and wants more of a handout to find homes available to section 8!  She has two kids, so in addition she is probably collecting quite a heap monthly for child support!  Since her status is in assistance, I am sure she is rakin in food stamps and other assistance... for what?  So she can go to college and get a law degree!  So in a few years from now, she's out there makin 3 or 4 times as much as me!  Don't get me wrong, I do sympathize with single mothers struggling to raise their children (but that's another debate that I'd rather not get into at this time); after researching quite extensively and having a lady that works in the field, I can not believe how aweful this has become!  Those lawmakers have no idea what they are doing!

Our country tis of thee?  NO! more like, our country "give" to thee FREE!  While most of us really struggle to make ends meet!

Snip ------------
    I am a responsible pre-law student and mother of two. I am in search of a three bedroom, 1-2 bathrooms in the Waldorf, Calvert or Prince George's County areas. I have been approved for assistance of up to $925.00 and I would also be willing to pay an additional $300-400/month. I can assure you that previous controversy with tenants who are recipients of housing assistance does not apply to my children and I. Your home will be very well taken care of. Can anyone help? Please feel free to call me at the number above!
    ------------
    Nothing is certain except death, taxes - and calls from telemarketers regardless of do-not-call.gov. That don't work! Ask AT&T!

*Correction*

I found that item in the "Homes for Rent", not Homes for Sale.... sorry.. :)
    Nothing is certain except death, taxes - and calls from telemarketers regardless of do-not-call.gov. That don't work! Ask AT&T!

Yeah, but at least she is going to college and doing something with her self and not going to be on welfare.  And if she is, not to long!! College is very expensive and if she has 2 kids, at least she's trying to better her self and her kids.  I'm not saying it's right, but we don't know the situation.  I hate the people that have like 3 kids and won't stop having them and there on welfare because there too lazy to get out and get a job and stop having kids!!!
    If ya don't like it, too bad!

Don't get mad at her for taking advantage of State and Federal giveaways.  Maybe she is one of the few people who really does need assistance.  Maybe her kids have a deadbeat father and she is getting nothign in child support.  Believe me, I hate seeing people getting free rides when I work for everything I have, but that's the fault of the system, not the person applying for it.
    Brandford: The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.
    Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County: The god damn Germans got nothin' to do with it!

DarbyOhara on 11:18 am on April 17, 2002[br]#Since her status is in assistance, I am sure she is rakin in food stamps and other assistance... for what? ##

Our country tis of thee? #NO! more like, our country "give" to thee FREE! #While most of us really struggle to make ends meet!
    Your tax $$$ at work! #

Those lawmakers have no idea what they are doing!
    Sure they do--most likely she votes democrat.
    --------

Pop out a few babies as a teen and you can have a peice of the pie too! #When you turn 18 you'll qualify for housing assistance, child care, college tuition and who knows what else--more money, yippee! #The rest of us chumps do it the hard way by actually getting a job and working our way thru college, marrying and then having children. #The government steals money out of our pockets to reward these women for their mistakes. #I would guess that most of the money isn't even used for the children. #These gals have to look good so they get their nails and hair done so they can attract the next sperm donor, maybe sell a few food stamps so they can get new threads too.

I don't know this woman so I will refrain from passing judgement on her, but she didn't have those kids by herself. #So where's the daddy(s?)? #Make them pay.

Darby="Classified Reader"??? #I'm sure it will be deleted soon, thanks for the laugh.

I think she is probably one of the people on government assistance who is actually working to make life better for herself and her kids.  There are plenty of them on welfare and foodstamps who are perfectly content with working at Burger King for the rest of their lives, or watching trash TV and soaps all day.

She probably could have worded it a little better like "I am looking for something in the $1000-$1300 range for rent".  She'd probably get more responses that way.

Sharon on 12:25 pm on April 17, 2002[br]

Pop out a few babies as a teen and you can have a peice of the pie too! #When you turn 18 you'll qualify for housing assistance, child care, college tuition and who knows what else--more money, yippee! #The rest of us chumps do it the hard way by actually getting a job and working our
    Sounds like you agree with my displeasurable post.... lol

Darby="Classified Reader"??? #I'm sure it will be deleted soon, thanks for the laugh.
    I'M BUSTED!!!!  

grizmonkey on 12:32 pm on April 17, 2002[br]She probably could have worded it a little better like "I am looking for something in the $1000-$1300 range for rent". #She'd probably get more responses that way.
    She couldn't say that... the purpose of her post was to find a rentable home that allows people on government assistance (section 8)!  No one wants them as renters because statistically, they take advantage of "everything"/"everyone" that they possibly can!  Meanwhile, they are driving nice vehicles, watching their 32" TV, and complaining that the neighbors don't like them.. if they aren't having more kids...  you go figure!

cariblue on 12:55 pm on April 17, 2002[br]I remember not too long ago, a bunch of people got busted in a sting out west...they were going to 3 or 4 different states collecting unemployment checks.
    Yes cariblue... that was on 60 minutes a few years back... it was many women somewhere around Michigan and Illinois.... they were actually BUS'd to the other state to draw their money and BUS'd back to the other state to draw their money there....  My lady worked in a area down south that allowed section 8 in there... here they sat with rent paid... while they had 30 or 40K cars, brand new BIG tv... of course, a PILE of kids and collecting CS.... and beaching and sueing if they didn't get their CS check... and living a lifestyle much better than us!  I think you can take 3 guesses where the "other" money comes from.....  :)

My lady worked in a area down south that allowed section 8 in there... here they sat with rent paid... while they had 30 or 40K cars, brand new BIG tv... of course, a PILE of kids and collecting CS.... and beaching and sueing if they didn't get their CS check... and living a lifestyle much better than us!  I think you can take 3 guesses where the "other" money comes from.....  
    He's right and he saw it first hand... I managed a property and they would have the boyfriend living with them .. but try to prove that... you can't.. so he's living there with them on our tax dollars....you try taking them to court for fraud and it gets thrown out of court.. You can't prove he lives there if he keeps and ID or Driver's license with a different address..

Also, if the ex does pay child support and it doesn't go thru the welfare system.. you'll never know it .. they won't report it so they pay even less for rent.. until you catch them.. and that's difficult too..

There are alot of people out there who know how to beat the system....
    I was once out of work due to back surgery and they laughed me out of the office when I asked for assistance.. go figure that.. I was a single mom with a teenage daughter still in high school with no job and no money for 8 months.. I made it with the help of friends and family... not with the help of the government welfare system.. there is no help for women who get in a situation like I did..

Plus I don't think I would be advertising that I got assistance if I did..

Again ... just my opinion and a little first hand knowledge...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.