Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What has gone wrong with this country!

Cariblue--I am with you. I am so tired of paying close to 30% of what I make to a government that doesn't even keep tabs on where it goes. Everytime you turn around they have their hand out ,,, but let a hard working American born man or woman ask for help.
    We need to stop the constant flow of money out of this country to countries that will only use it against us.
    We need to get our military on the borders and stop the flow of welfare sucking illegals that come into our country by the bus load.
    We need to hold the people who are or should be representing us accountable for all the pork and waste that we have going on.
    We need to drill in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico for our own oil. Do you think we have to be afraid of a moose flying a jet into one of our buildings?
    STOP buying oil from Iraq now. We want to kill that bastard over there but we keep funding him.
    The Saudis are NOT our friends. To them we are just a big acount that buys a product from them.
    Tea Party? Love it.
    But wait. For a real kick in the crotch go to www.consumerfreedom.com and see what we are going to be taxed on next. How about Big Macs and sodas? Good Ol' Hillary is backing this one I understand.
    We need a flat tax now!!!
    We also need affordable medical coverage for the millions of working Americans that can't afford it. Put American money to work for Americans!
    Aspire to inspire before you expire

Chuckster!!!  All the way!  I agree with everything you say!!  I really agree with the medical insurance.  My husbend is a farmer(and no were not rich, for all you demo's who think we are!!) anyways, and they want $600 for my family a month.  I have 2 kids who are very healthy and I'm only 23 and my husbend is only 27.  Now tell me how can I afford $600 a month? So needless to say our family has no health insurance!!! It is like that for not just farmers, but most self-employed!!  And Hillary can kiss my A@@
    If ya don't like it, too bad!

Chuckster on 4:12 pm on April 17, 2002[br]Cariblue--I am with you.[
    Count me in too cariblue! There's only three of us so far, but WE CAN WIN!

I am so tired of paying close to 30% of what I make to a government that doesn't even keep tabs on where it goes. Everytime you turn around they have their hand out ,,, but let a hard working American born man or woman ask for help.
    Oh how true Chuck...  I am not tryin to ring my bell or blow my whistle, but some of you (DalmationLady... lol) is gonna beat me up for this....  I paid in over 11 thousand dollars last year on federal taxes alone!  I got peanuts back based on my wage (adjusted gross income... minus being single)... Others (not mentioning names... lol) struggles through the year with a very low income, has children so they claimed Earned Income "Credit" and they run away with thousands in return.... tell me something isn't wrong with that!

We need to stop the constant flow of money out of this country to countries that will only use it against us.
    How so true!

We need a flat tax now!!!
    It makes TOO much sense, so it will never happen...

We also need affordable medical coverage for the millions of working Americans that can't afford it. Put American money to work for Americans!
    Definately, as long as it doesn't get blown outta proportion like the welfare or government assistance programs are.  Canada presently has a citizen health care program and believe me, many have told me it's the pits in a lot of ways.  Herd them in like cattle... brand them a little and KICK them out!  Course, the doctors are probably making a killing, just like down here....

Bottom line people!  Like most things that have gone array in the judicial and legislative system... the one's responsible for making the decisions ARE NOT the one's that have to live with it or in it!

p.s. And while on a combat mission in 1982, in Alaska.. I swear I seen a Moose driving a dog sled through the snow..... :stooges:
    Nothing is certain except death, taxes - and calls from telemarketers regardless of do-not-call.gov. That don't work! Ask AT&T!

Blog Entries
    I guess I'm just a sucker because after reading her ad, I immediately got a picture of a young mother who's old man ditched her or possibly died, leaving her alone with two younguns to support.  It's impressive that she's doing something with her life and to set an example for her kids - she could easily sit on welfare forever instead of trying to get an education and become self-supporting.  She could also not be getting anything other than housing - we don't know.

Yes, I have absolutely no sympathy for welfare cheats and those who make a lifestyle out of it.  But I'm not sorry that some of my tax dollars go to help someone get a fresh start in life after a setback.  I mean, which is easier - collect a check or struggle to go to school with two kids at home?

On the other hand, other nations can kiss my butt.  I hate sending them so much as a dime because they're typically ungrateful and live in a sh*thole country where you can drop all the money and food in the world on them and it won't make a bit of difference.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Cariblue-- The uprising has started. Suggest that you go to www.cagw.org to see some of the pork and waste that is flowing from DC. But please, I don't recomend this site if you have high blood preasure or a weak stomach.

yornoc
    Sure! I think the welfare system needs some "serious" re-work but in this case, I applaud this person because she got off her "behind" and is doing something to better her and her kids future.  This is what the system was designed to do.  The individual is supposed to becomes self sufficient and pay's back (via taxes) into the system vice being a parasite.  Since I moved here (to MD) I've ran into a few people who have spent more of their adult lives being on the welfare program than off it.  Worst of all, it appeared that they had/have NO plans to get off it.

Sorry DarbyOhara, but I think in this case (based on the little I know about this person) the system is working 'cause this person is making progress on having a better life.

Vraiblonde and all other in this forum
    Please do not take what I posted the wrong way. We need to help some Americans that are down on their luck. I have been one of the lucky ones who has never had to claim a unemployment check, (that is as of today ,,, see what tomorrow brings) However we can't help Americans if we constantly export cash to these ungrateful countries who at some point will turn against us.
    I am tired of seeing hungry children in other countries on TV knowing all the time we have hungry children right here in America. Even with both parents working, some kids still go to bed hungry. Are the taxes to blame for this? Well they sure add to the problem. If someone in this forum paid out $11,000. in taxes, I would guess that would mean apx a $40,000/45,000. gross pay. It would sure be nice to pay $4000. in taxes and use the remaining $7000. for retirement, savings or medical insurance.
    All of us can make a difference.... Start making some noise. Start at the county level and work your way up(or down) to DC. WE put them in office and WE can take them out!

[quote} Darby...lol...I am not tryin to ring my bell or blow my whistle, but some of you (DalmationLady... lol) is gonna beat me up for this.... #I paid in over 11 thousand dollars last year on federal taxes alone! #I got peanuts back based on my wage (adjusted gross income... minus being single)... Others (not mentioning names... lol) struggles through the year with a very low income, has children so they claimed Earned Income "Credit" and they run away with thousands in return.... tell me something isn't wrong with that! [/quote]

I only see it as a way that the government finally helped me out.. not when I actually needed.. in order to keep the house I was renting.. but later.. I lost the home I had and most of my belongings.. had to start completely over rebuilding a home.. for my daughter and myself... sent her back to live with her dad.. cause I couldn't feed us....8 months later.. I struggled ..darn right.. but I think that made me a better person..

I've learned many times over the last 3 or 4 years how to pay bills.. keep things you need (like your car to get to work) and I guess that's why I am so proud of the belongings I have now.. and of the man (Darby) I've met.. and love... you don't know what you have ... until you lose it..

but as far as those who just suck and suck off the welfare system.. I'd be one of the FIRST to turn them in...

This is no joke.. what I saw when Managing a Section 8 property down in South Georgia was people who would go to work until I saw them at Burger King or McDonald's.. (because they knew when I saw them working they had to come into my office and redo their paper work to include that income to base their rent on)..These people would actually quit their jobs to keep from paying 5 dollars more in rent and most of them didn't even pay rent... the government was paying it for them ... They had Big Screen TV's.. much nicer car than I did and food like you wouldn't believe.. but because I tried to do my job and what the government said... I overheard threats regarding me... I actually had become afraid to live or work on this property... and if you don't think some of these people will take you out ! #Your wrong ... they will.. just to keep from paying rent ..

Dalmationlady,

What part of south Georgia, I have family in Nahunta.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.