Pittbulls...not for the weak stomach..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That is irresponsible bull#### propaganda and I'm surprised at you. I personally have seen a pitbull get up and go after a kid that wasn't doing anything to the dog at all.

Those dogs are vicious because that's what they were BRED FOR. You, as a breeder yourself, should know that.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have never owned a pitt or been really close to one...I groom several and dont have a bad one...One of our girls (stanggirl?) brings in two they are WONDERFUL and I do several others..I have never had a pitt come after be or want to bite me...only other breeds..but I have never lived with a pitt.

M

Mousebaby

We had fostered a pit a while back and she was GREAT! I was never afraid to leave her alone with my kids, she was like a big puppy! She loved us, and she showed us that she loved us with her whole body LOL! The only time I ever saw her get aggressive is when my husband would be walking her and someone would get too close to them. Other then that she was a sweetheart! I will never look at them as vicious again. JMHO :howdy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pasofever said:
One of our girls (stanggirl?) brings in two they are WONDERFUL
I believe that and I also believe Jameo's pits are sweetie pies. But every single person who becomes famous because their pitbull mauled some kid or old lady says the same thing - "but he was a such a sweet dog!!! He's never been aggressive before!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mousebaby said:
The only time I ever saw her get aggressive is when my husband would be walking her and someone would get too close to them. Other then that she was a sweetheart!
Hello?? Yeah, "other than that". :rolleyes:

Amazing.

Cowgirl

That was an interesting video...it's terrible what people do with their dogs sometimes. There should be much harsher penalties for dog fighting. Did you all notice that lots of the dogs in the video weren't actual pits?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cowgirl said:
Did you all notice that lots of the dogs in the video weren't actual pits?
According to pitbull owners there's no such thing as a pitbull. At least no recorded existance. Because every time some "pitbull" kills someone, we get 3,000 pit owners on here that say "that wasn't a pitbull".

Those dogs looked like what is commonly referred to as a pitbull. And I assume the person who made the video to champion them would know what they're talking about.

Jameo

What?!
vraiblonde said:
I believe that and I also believe Jameo's pits are sweetie pies. But every single person who becomes famous because their pitbull mauled some kid or old lady says the same thing - "but he was a such a sweet dog!!! He's never been aggressive before!"

Mine are totally sweetie's. Well Precious is, Roxy isn't to much on strangers. But I don't trust them 100% around other people, nor do I trust people around them, especially kids. It just like with ANY situtation, you just never know what is gonna happen. Growing up I had a german shepard, best damn dog I have ever been around, one day outta of no where he attacked a little girl I was playing mud pies with :ohwell: ANY BREED of dog can turn on a dime.

Cowgirl

vraiblonde said:
According to pitbull owners there's no such thing as a pitbull. At least no recorded existance. Because every time some "pitbull" kills someone, we get 3,000 pit owners on here that say "that wasn't a pitbull".

Those dogs looked like what is commonly referred to as a pitbull. And I assume the person who made the video to champion them would know what they're talking about.

Well, according to this there are.

Try some of these links: Find the Pitbull
Find the Pitbull (2)

:shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Jameo said:
Mine are totally sweetie's. Well Precious is, Roxy isn't to much on strangers. But I don't trust them 100% around other people, nor do I trust people around them, especially kids. It just like with ANY situtation, you just never know what is gonna happen. .

:yeahthat:

Jameo almost drowned in Boxer slobber.

meangirl

Nice lady!
Jameo said:
Mine are totally sweetie's. Well Precious is, Roxy isn't to much on strangers. But I don't trust them 100% around other people, nor do I trust people around them, especially kids. It just like with ANY situtation, you just never know what is gonna happen. Growing up I had a german shepard, best damn dog I have ever been around, one day outta of no where he attacked a little girl I was playing mud pies with :ohwell: ANY BREED of dog can turn on a dime.

:yeahthat: My Pomeranian bit Azzy's son right on his face. He looks like a little sweetie...tiny dog no one would be afraid of. :ohwell:

Cowgirl

I don't understand why pit owners say they're not aggressive dogs...when that's what they're bred to be. That's like a damned Husky owner saying their dog always pulls them on the leash....or a border collie owner who says their dog won't stop herding their kids.

Dogs are bred to do certain things. We can take them out of their "element," but we can't change their history.

Jameo

What?!
Cowgirl said:
I don't understand why pit owners say they're not aggressive dogs...when that's what they're bred to be. That's like a damned Husky owner saying their dog always pulls them on the leash....or a border collie owner who says their dog won't stop herding their kids.

Dogs are bred to do certain things. We can take them out of their "element," but we can't change their history.

What a dog is BRED to do and TRAINED to do are 2 different things. It's like saying you were bred to be a cowgirl. Are you? Or were you TRAINED to be one? Or are you even one at all?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Jameo said:
What a dog is BRED to do and TRAINED to do are 2 different things. It's like saying you were bred to be a cowgirl. Are you? Or were you TRAINED to be one? Or are you even one at all?
I can see where she's going though. My dog has never been trained to herd or bay, but it's "in his blood", he was bred with the instinct. I have video of him baying a pig's ear at like 10 weeks old, and he still bays on a daily basis...the herding has died down because we refused to allow him to push us around. I don't know where I stand on the whole pit bull issue though.

Azzy

meangirl said:
:yeahthat: My Pomeranian bit Azzy's son right on his face. He looks like a little sweetie...tiny dog no one would be afraid of. :ohwell:
It's healing nicely. Your brother should be ashamed of himself for makin my baby hide under the table with your dog :lol:

meangirl

Nice lady!
Azzy said:
It's healing nicely. Your brother should be ashamed of himself for makin my baby hide under the table with your dog :lol:

Oh he is! He brings it up all the time saying he feels so bad for telling him to get under there! STILL... Schiz should not have bit as S did nothing to him. ugh.

Cowgirl

Jameo said:

Well, a dog can be trained to do things it normally wouldn't do (like sit, shake, and other behaviors), but different breeds are bred to do certain things. By breeding pits that are the most aggressive and best at fighting, people have designed them to be fighters. They are just more likely to be aggressive than say, a poodle. I'm not saying dogs can't act in ways that are not typical for their breed. We all know that any dog can bite, regardless of breed. I'm just saying that there are different breeds for a reason....to do different jobs.

Oh, and I wasn't bred to be a cowgirl...but I work with cattle and I ride horses....

Spudtrooper

Taking out trailer trash
Good parents don't leave thier children alone with any dog. Pitbulls are bad news no matter what anyone wants to try and tell you. They are have been bred for decades or more to be evil. If you want one fine but keep it away from kids.