Need someone who can install a drop ceiling .

Thor

Finished the basement a few years ago but never put the ceiling up.

Anyone know of a good company in Calvert who can do this?

Thor

vraiblonde said:
That's a DIY project - my 17 year old daughter can install a drop ceiling.

It's not a question of being able to do it. I built the entire basement myself I know I could put in the ceiling.

It's a question of wanting to do it.

Thor said:
It's not a question of being able to do it. I built the entire basement myself I know I could put in the ceiling.

I think you should hire Vrai's daughter.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
do your ceiling in drywall with a couple small access panels at key locations for plumbing. :yay: Much nicer looking basement.

Thor

We have 12 foot ceilings in the basement, even with the drop ceiling it will still be about a ten foot ceiling, plus we are going with 2x2 tiles so it should look okay.

willie

Thor said:

If you built the entire basement, not wanting to put up a no-brainer like a dropped ceiling is like an accomplished mechanic not pumping his own gas.

willie

bcp said:
I agree with the sheetrock theory.
much nicer looking.
True, but.....
Quite often a basement has a lot of electrical, plumbing and HVAC stuff below the joist's. A dropped ceiling also makes future upstairs CATV, phone, stereo, etc. easier to install. IMO, the 2X2 panels look best and there are many designs to choose from.