Cherrystone Camp Resort

CMC122

Go Braves!
teverheart2002 said:
Sounds like fun!! Do you need some company?? :lol:
It looks great dosen't it! What are you doing the week of July 4th? :jet:

We actually might just store it there for a few months over the summer so I can just give them a ringy dingy when I want to run down with the kids for a few days and not have to tow it back and forth all the time.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I've stayed there. It was fun. They have two swimming pools, water/sewer/power, tent sections, little cabins like we have at Point Lookout, nice little "general store". It was 4th of July and there was a fireworks display.

CMC122

Go Braves!
elaine said:
I've stayed there. It was fun. They have two swimming pools, water/sewer/power, tent sections, little cabins like we have at Point Lookout, nice little "general store". It was 4th of July and there was a fireworks display.
Was it overly crowded?

The website says they have 4 pools now! One of them is adults only, sweet!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
CMC122 said:
Was it overly crowded?

The website says they have 4 pools now! One of them is adults only, sweet!

Yes, it was. Probably because it was 4th of July.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Looks like a nice place. To me it seems somewhat like Bethpage in Urbana, Va It was a nice campground but the weekend we went it was nasty rain & wind all weekend. So we didn't do to much.

CMC122

Go Braves!
mingiz said:
Looks like a nice place. To me it seems somewhat like Bethpage in Urbana, Va It was a nice campground but the weekend we went it was nasty rain & wind all weekend. So we didn't do to much.
I do not like Bethpage campground. One small pool, one green lake, bathhouses that don't even have ceiling fans to move the hot air around, the game room is hot as crap and there are way too many golf carts flying up and down the roads.

AND the "childrens" Halloween hayride is NOT child friendly:mad:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I can agree with the golf cart scenerio.We had a site right next to the main road and it was a speedway. I never really used any of the facilities at Bethpage because it was a nasty weekend. I tend to like the smaller camp grounds. Of course I don't have any kids to entertain so I don't look for alot in amenities. I usually jump in the truck and just venture out in the surrounding areas anyway.....