Please make them go away!

Thor

My parents fly out from NM only once a year. This year I told them they could stay with us for one day ONE DAY. That was the day after Christmas. The whole family is sick, wife, daughter, and now me. They will not leave. It is driving my wife to tears. F#CK!!

Christmas sucks. Wife says we are going away for Christmas next year I am inclined to agree. I am thinking Florida for the Holidays.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'd love to see my parents. It's a shame I can't since they are dead. And here you are whining about seeing your parents. :ohwell:

Perhaps you should appreciate what you have while you have it. Isn't that the whole thing about the holidays - appreciating your family and friends - even with their quirks and annoying habits and craziness?!

Because one day those people that you are biaytching about won't be around to biaytch about. They only get one opportunity a year to see you and your family. Grit your teeth and smile and breathe and discover some mutual ground. After all they love you in their own way. Otherwise they wouldn't waste their holiday on trying to see you.

Of course you are being ungrateful towards your parents because you are selfish and don't appreciate them at all. How sad.

missthang

Just Giving My Opinion
One day is suppose to be short and sweet. When you are sick the last thing you want is a relative getting on your last nerve. :howdy:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Thor said:
My parents fly out from NM only once a year. This year I told them they could stay with us for one day ONE DAY. That was the day after Christmas. The whole family is sick, wife, daughter, and now me. They will not leave. It is driving my wife to tears. F#CK!!

Christmas sucks. Wife says we are going away for Christmas next year I am inclined to agree. I am thinking Florida for the Holidays.

I feel your pain Thor. People sometimes think that being family gives them license to treat you any way they like and that you have to suck it up. :bs:

Your home, your family, your rules. If they're causing that much grief, tell them to go home or get a hotel room.

M

Mousebaby

I would give anything if I could have seen my mom for Christmas! You sir are an ingreat!!! These people took time out of their lives to raise your funky A$$ the least you could do is invite them to stay at your home while they are up visiting you for Christmas! It's selfish brats like you that make me wonder why people bother to have children! Get over yourself! :wench:

Thor

Okay wait a tick, don't pass judgment before you know the whole story. First off my mother disowned me the day of my wedding because I wouldn't allow her to invite my former divorce attorney to the wedding. She didn't speak to me for over 7 years.

Okay so right before they retire and move out to NM my mother wants to make amends. Okay fine.

Then she starts laying a guilt trip on my about how she wants to see her granddaughter grow up and be a part of her life, so she wants to know how often we plan on flying out to NM. Excuse me? You are moving away from us not the other way around.

Plus the fact that Jewish mothers have this power, the power of the guilt trip. And it starts from the moment she walks in the door. Not to memntion the entire family is sick I mean laid up in bed sick.

Thor

Mousebaby said:
I would give anything if I could have seen my mom for Christmas! You sir are an ingreat!!! These people took time out of their lives to raise your funky A$$ the least you could do is invite them to stay at your home while they are up visiting you for Christmas! It's selfish brats like you that make me wonder why people bother to have children! Get over yourself! :wench:

Selfish brat? I don't think so. My parents did NOTHING except bring me into this world. Everything I have I earned the hard way. I am almost 40 years old and never ever asked for help from them because I knew they wouldn't give it.

Thor

CMC122 said:
Ya'll have to admit that whole wedding bit is messed up:lmao:

Yeah see that's my mother, the attorney was an old friend of hers so she wanted her at the wedding. My wife said are you out of your mind? No, she (the attorney) is not going to be invited. My mother went behind our backs and invited her verbally. We didn't find this out until the day before the wedding, my wife was in tears. I told her she caused this mess and that she had better get on the phone and un-invite her. She refused, so I did it. Her last words to me were . . . your no son of mine, get out.

She has always placed her friends above her family, always.

I have described my relationship with her in the past as a professional relationship, that's about it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
CMC122 said:
Ya'll have to admit that whole wedding bit is messed up:lmao:

I will most certainly be inviting my divorce attorney to my wedding. :yay: :lmao:

Ok, we all know I'm full of $hit. I'm never getting married again. :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Thor said:
Yeah see that's my mother, the attorney was an old friend of hers so she wanted her at the wedding. My wife said are you out of your mind? No, she (the attorney) is not going to be invited. My mother went behind our backs and invited her verbally. We didn't find this out until the day before the wedding, my wife was in tears. I told her she caused this mess and that she had better get on the phone and un-invite her. She refused, so I did it. Her last words to me were . . . your no son of mine, get out.

I have described my relationship with her in the past as a professional relationship, that's about it.

Why did your wife oppose inviting the divorce attorney?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:
I will most certainly be inviting my divorce attorney to my wedding. :yay: :lmao:

Ok, we all know I'm full of $hit. I'm never getting married again. :lmao:

Quoted... :killingme

Thor

pixiegirl said:
Why did your wife oppose inviting the divorce attorney?

Many reasons, but mainly because it would have been awkward for her. But the fact is that everyone had a veto on guests and she used hers on this person. Plus it's her damn wedding.

Reguardless when she made it clear this person was not welcome for my mother to go behind her back and invite her anyway was complete bullsh!t

Redskinsmama

Thor said:

i could see why your wife wouldn't want the divorce attorney at the wedding...i could see it now....the attorney gets sauced, tries to make a funny speech about the fact that she was your former attorney and your wedding is shot to ####. I can't believe your mother disowned you for not allowing her to come. I'm glad to hear that i don't harbor the only disfuntional family around here! Sorry, i hope all works out for you!