Somd Celebrity sightings? Socks the cat?

Was reading in Sunday's Parade section, that former White House Secretary to Bill Clinton during the Monica Lewisky scandal, Betty Currie lives in Hollywood, MD along with Socks the Cat.

Anyone run into Betty at the grocery store or Socks at the vets?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I read something about that a long time ago. I think she is over in my neck of the woods or Drum Cliffs, not sure.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I know exactly where that is. He was out in the yard one day when we were down there. Pool in his front yard.

I think Doug Hill moved to Calvert County permanently (I think in the north end) - I ran into him at Giant in Prince Frederick and made the comment "uh-oh, the weatherman's buying 3 loafs of bread". He said not to worry since he has a lot of bread eatting kids.

I also read that talented singer Eva Cassidy's http://www.evacassidy.org ashes were scattered in the Bay off of St. Mary's county. She was originally from Bowie. Michele Kwan skates to her Fields of Gold song.

Last edited:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well as you well know Ted Kopple has a place in St Indigoes..and Demi Moore/Bruce Willis share a home in valley lee area...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by yardsalequeen
I also read that talented singer Eva Cassidy's http://www.evacassidy.org ashes were scattered in the Bay off of St. Mary's county. She was originally from Bowie. Michele Kwan skates to her Fields of Gold song.
I just love her voice - I've collected all of her albums and listen to them often. I was fortunate to see her performing at Wolf Trap's jazz festival - absolutely incredible voice. The world lost an awesome talent when she died.

jenileigh

I meet Betty Currie at a yard sale last year that her and her neighbor were holding. The yard sale was held in Town Creek. I saw Doug Hill at Burger King once. Ted Koppel is a neighbor of one of my husband's co-workers. I heard years ago that Bruce Willis bought a house in Valley Lee but I never heard anything about it again.

fuzzyng

Well Ted... Mr. Koppel to everyone else... :biggrin: held a wedding for his middle daughter, last year, and my work did the programs for him... he came in and said what a great job we all did and told us he'd take us out to lunch one day... we also did his christmas cards this past year :biggrin: he drive around on this sweet BMW bike

problem is i havn't even seen a plate of mac and cheese from the guy! :eek: such is life...

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I heard David Hasselhoff had a house in Southern St. M's (this was about 10 -12 years ago.
The Bradley family (owners of the Washington Post) also had a house there and there always used to be celebrity sightings. A friend of mine saw Bob Hope there once.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Laura Sisk Wright, a soap actress, is from Dunkirk and got married at Greenwell State Park in Hollywood.

Just thought of another - the punk bank Good Charlotte is originally from Waldorf/LaPlata. But of course I would not recognize them if I fell over them. They are not household word to most I guess but while at a mall in upstate NY, I saw a teen with a "Good Charlotte" t-shirt on so they do have quite a following.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Just thought of another - the punk bank Good Charlotte is originally from Waldorf/LaPlata. But of course I would not recognize them if I fell over them. They are not household word to most I guess but while at a mall in upstate NY, I saw a teen with a "Good Charlotte" t-shirt on so they do have quite a following.

Yeap! they are from Waldorf....and they went to Thomas Stone, and omm.. lets see what else.. there is 4 of them in the band and one that helps them mix.

We are going to see them on May 5th @ the Patriot Center.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Since I live in Hollywood, that would make me a star too! And a legend in my own mind as well! :biggrin:

fuzzyng

I've met like most of their mothers :biggrin: the drummer's mother came into the 7-11 in mechanicsville looking for an enterprise because they had an article in there about them... then, while at a job interview, I met one of the other dudes, mother :biggrin: I got me connections... holla if ya hear me!