Progressive Insurance

R

remaxrealtor

I read through some old treads, but nothing new. Anyone using them? I can get a big break if I switch.

Barnacle

remaxrealtor said:
I read through some old treads, but nothing new. Anyone using them? I can get a big break if I switch.

Very convenient online!! Easy to change policy, add/remove cars, etc. But, I have had no claims other than windshields, so I can't speak to how they handle claims.

remaxrealtor said:
:howdy: We use them. Have had multiple glass claims, no problems with that. 1 accident (where I got up close and personal with the rear end of a forumite's truck). I had no problems with that claim either. Fixed the car right away. Didn't raise my rate either.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Barnacle said:
Very convenient online!! Easy to change policy, add/remove cars, etc. But, I have had no claims so I can't speak to how they handle claims.

:yeahthat: :minuswindshieldclaims:

When I signed up online in April 06 I got a great deal and I was able to print so many documents out, temporary insurance card, declarations page, policy pages. Very convenient online wise.

However, when my 6mos was up my policy went up by $34 PER MONTH and I have no idea why. I assume they found out somethings that I hadn't disclosed such as one ticket that I got in Jan 06 or either the distance that I drive daily to work. Not sure what hiked it up. I am planning to leave them though, that was just a temporary fix to a problem I was having at that time.

One thing I recall them doing when I bought my house is that I was able to get one months premium back because I didnt know that the lady at Weichert Insurance had started my policy a month before I settled on the house and my cars so I had double paid for that month and when I showed my Weichert Insur Declaration Page to Progressive they refunded my monthly premium and cancelled my policy with no arguments. :yay:

C

chess

i have had them for a little over a year.. No issues at all with them.

R

remaxrealtor

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! Signing up today!!!!!

Ponytail

I had them for four days a year ago. they gave me a ridiculously high premium, but I needed it so I could bring the new Buell home without having to make anojther 6 hour round trip out there.

I cancelled it in 4 days when State Farm added it to my existing coverage. I lost interest in them after that.

I also dated a lawyer for progressive once..for about a year. That was enough. Anyway, she was full of good info. For what it's worth, she doesn't use Progressive insurance either.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Ponytail said:
I had them for four days a year ago. they gave me a ridiculously high premium, but I needed it so I could bring the new Buell home without having to make anojther 6 hour round trip out there.

I cancelled it in 4 days when State Farm added it to my existing coverage. I lost interest in them after that.
I have a similar story with them. My insurance provider's office was closed (Saturday) and the dealership wouldn't let me take the car home w/out POI. Anywho, I gave Progressive a deposit and Monday I was back with Nationwide. For the record, Progressive was DOUBLE what Nationwide was.

Then there was this other time when I was rear-ended. The other guy had Progressive and an agent came to my place of business to take a quote. On the spot he cut me a check for $75 and told me that should be enough. I looked at him and laughed. It took roughly two weeks of the body shop dealing w/Progressive to get additional money to cover the cost of repairing my vehicle, plus a rental car for 1-week.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Barnacle said:
Very convenient online!! Easy to change policy, add/remove cars, etc.
:yeahthat:

Their claims service is excellent!! Very efficient and very helpful. My only complaint is their roadside assistance. My car became disabled and I was stranded in SE Washington during rush hour. Called roadside assistance and waited several HOURS for a tow rather than leave my car in SE. Called Progressive several times and the trucks apparently kept getting diverted to other calls. Finally, my BIL spotted a tow truck at the gas station across the highway and convinced the guy to tow me home. I got a message on my cell from the tow truck Progressive had dispatched at 1 a.m. -- SEVEN HOURS after my initial call!!!!!

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Sweet 16 said:
:yeahthat:

Their claims service is excellent!! Very efficient and very helpful. My only complaint is their roadside assistance. My car became disabled and I was stranded in SE Washington during rush hour. Called roadside assistance and waited several HOURS for a tow rather than leave my car in SE. Called Progressive several times and the trucks apparently kept getting diverted to other calls. Finally, my BIL spotted a tow truck at the gas station across the highway and convinced the guy to tow me home. I got a message on my cell from the tow truck Progressive had dispatched at 1 a.m. -- SEVEN HOURS after my initial call!!!!!

They should've given you the option to pay a tow co. that you found on your own and be reimbursed. that's way too long of a wait. :boo: