Hey! Finally a scam I could've fallen for!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
NETELLER<http://www.neteller.com/ab/images/corporate/logo_168x31.gif>
<http://www.neteller.com/ab/images/corporate/tagline_fastest.gif>

Dear Customer,

According to our registries, we have recently detected that your account has been accessed from different IP addresses. This could be happening because your computer's IP address is dynamic and varies constantly, or because you have used more than one computer to access your account. Due to this event and in fulfillment with the current legislation, we have updated our computer systems to offer greater security to our clients, thus we will need you to access your account and verify it's recent activity. The security procedures require that you verify the activity in your account before January 8th, 2007. Otherwise, passed this date, our automated computer security system will suspend your account indefinitely.

In order to access your account and to verify it's activity, you must click on the link below:

<https://www.neteller.com/signin/index.jsf;jsid=P7125M177N74P476G22O261B5TKL1325.32521045851>
https://www.neteller.com/signin/index.jsf;jsid=P7125M177N74P476G22O261B5TKL1325.32521045851 <http://www.earena.org/data/cache/n/signin/index.html>

We appreciate your help in this matter, as we work together for NETELLER to be a safe place to do businesses.

Customer Service Department
NETELLER

Please do not respond to this e-mail, this is only for notification purposes.

Trusted by millions of members and thousands of merchants, NETELLER is the world’s largest independent money transfer business.
NETELLER is a public company traded on the London exchange (AIM) and NETELLER UK Ltd. is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority <http://content.neteller.com/content/en/fsaregulation.htm> .

©2006 NETELLER. All rights reserved. Trademarks are the property of NETELLER, 4th Floor, 1 Circular Road, Standard Bank Building, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1AF

NetTeller is the service my bank uses for online banking. There's no reason in the world why I would *have* to click a link in an email to view my account activity - certainly I could go to my bank's website and log on in the normal fashion and see anything I need to see.

Also, the legitimate NetTeller's web address is netteller.com, not neteller.com.

So there's your PSA for the day - don't EVER click a link in an email and enter your banking or credit card information into the resulting web page. Even if it appears legitimate, go directly to your bank's website and log in from there. They'll have an alert in your online account if there's something that nees your attention.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
vraiblonde said:
NetTeller is the service my bank uses for online banking. There's no reason in the world why I would *have* to click a link in an email to view my account activity - certainly I could go to my bank's website and log on in the normal fashion and see anything I need to see.

Also, the legitimate NetTeller's web address is netteller.com, not neteller.com.

So there's your PSA for the day - don't EVER click a link in an email and enter your banking or credit card information into the resulting web page. Even if it appears legitimate, go directly to your bank's website and log in from there. They'll have an alert in your online account if there's something that nees your attention.
My bank alerted me yesterday, that someone had my card number and tried to send a $3000 western union.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In 2005 alone, Americans lost an estimated $720 million to Nigeria-based fraud. Those are the guys who want to buy your junker car and give you a cashier's check for more than it's price, then you send them a check for the remainder. They also want you to help them recover their royal inheritance of $56 billion, for which they will pay you $5 million if you merely let them funnel the billions into your bank account.

It always shocks me when people fall for this stuff.

vraiblonde said:

did anyone catch this error?

Otherwise, passed this date, our automated computer security system will suspend your account indefinitely.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CableChick said:
Otherwise, passed this date, our automated computer security system will suspend your account indefinitely.
Good catch! I skimmed right passed it.

:lol:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
http://release35.par3.com/images/client/bankofamerica/em_logo.gif

From Bank of America:

We recently have determined that different computers have logged onto your Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons. We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.

If this is not completed by January 07, 2007, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received this e-mail yesterday at 3:45pm, with an attached URL to respond to, suggesting very strongly that I update my profile.

Looks like more than a few people were the target of a scam...........:mad:

I didn't think it was a good idea to click on that URL, either.

Azzy

Penn said:
http://release35.par3.com/images/client/bankofamerica/em_logo.gif

From Bank of America:

We recently have determined that different computers have logged onto your Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons. We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.

If this is not completed by January 07, 2007, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received this e-mail yesterday at 3:45pm, with an attached URL to respond to, suggesting very strongly that I update my profile.

Looks like more than a few people were the target of a scam...........:mad:

I didn't think it was a good idea to click on that URL, either.
I get the one from Bank of America ALL the time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Azzy said:
I get the one from Bank of America ALL the time.
I get crap from "Bank of America" but since I don't have a Bank of America account in any form, I just delete them without looking. This one caught my attention because of the legitimate NetTeller that my bank uses.

Upon further investigation, the real Neteller is a legitimate company and the fine folks at earena.org are scamming off of them. I sent an email to my bank, the real Neteller AND GoDaddy, who is the registrar for the earena.org domain name.

They should be able to track these people and put them to death. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love this stuff:

From Kate Henshaw

ABIDJAN COTE D IVOIRE

Dearest Beloved

Based on your profile i am happy to request for your assistance and also to go into business partnership with you, i believe that you will not betaryed my trust which i am going to lay on you.

I am MISS KATE HENSHAW,21years old and the only DAUGHTER of my late parents MR.and MRS WATARA HENSHAW. My father was a highly reputable busnness magnet-(a cocoa merchant)who operated in the capital of Ivory coast during his days. It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad year 12th.Febuary 2005.

Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of his who travelled with him at that time.

But God knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 4 years old, and since then my father took me so special. Before his death on Febuary 12th 2005 he called the secretary who accompanied him to the hospital and told him that he has the sum of Ten Million United State Dollars.(USD$10 000 000) left in a security company in a mettalic trunk box, but the security company didn't know the content because it was registered as family valuables personal for security reasons.

I am just 21 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what to do. This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards.Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded. Now permit me to ask these few questions:-

1. Can I completely trust you?
2. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you?

Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you so much.

My sincere regards,

Miss Kate Henshaw

Sure, Kate - you can trust me, a complete stranger. :lol:

And about your dad, the business magnet - is that painful?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
I love this stuff:

Sure, Kate - you can trust me, a complete stranger. :lol:

And about your dad, the business magnet - is that painful?

Funny stuff!

B

Bronwyn

I get bank of america phishing e-mails all the time too. I always forward them to the fraud dept, since I do have an account there.

Oprah had this on her show recently. I can't believe the scams that people ARE falling for!

Otter

Nothing to see here
We got Catt's parents a new computer and they are gonna hook up to the net this week. Really need to drill into their heads about these scams cuz I could see them falling for some of em.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
otter said:
We got Catt's parents a new computer and they are gonna hook up to the net this week. Really need to drill into their heads about these scams cuz I could see them falling for some of em.

GREAT idea. My mom got her first pc last year and I had to drill it in her head that there was no Sony Playstation, Sony MP3, Gucci bag, Computer, dinner coupons to Applebees etc. if she clicked on the blinking box. :jameo:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Bronwyn said:
I get bank of america phishing e-mails all the time too. I always forward them to the fraud dept, since I do have an account there.

Oprah had this on her show recently. I can't believe the scams that people ARE falling for!

I forwarded the e-mail and all the details - IP addresses, etc., to
abuse@bankofamerica.com.

I got an immediate reply back - saying they would investigate. Hope they catch the buggers!