Solomons Bridge Question for Commuters

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
OK, I don't commute. Gotta be in Solomons at 4:45. What's the line like that time of day? Trying to figure what time to leave. Anyone got a boat?

MMDad

Lem Putt
David said:
OK, I don't commute. Gotta be in Solomons at 4:45. What's the line like that time of day? Trying to figure what time to leave. Anyone got a boat?
For the last few weeks, it's been pretty much wide open. Slows to 20 for about the last 1/4 mile, then 35 over the bridge.

Prior to the last few weeks, it's been 10 MPH from 235 until you get over. I'm sure that'll start back up soon.

gangbang_bomb

Loving Life :)
BadGirl said:
Where are you traveling from? :shrug:
The bridge is crazy at that time of day! Good luck getting across it. If i were you i'd leave now and just wait in the parking lot of where you have to be at 4:45! Yeah it gets that bad..

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Reason I ask is because if you're sitting at Lowe's parking lot trying to get across the bridge is one thing. But if you're up in Charlotte Hall trying to zip it down 235 to make it to Solomon's in another thing entirely. :ohwell:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
BadGirl said:
if you're sitting at Lowe's parking lot trying to get across the bridge is one thing. But if you're up in Charlotte Hall trying to zip it down 235 to make it to Solomon's in another thing entirely. :ohwell:

is that because it is two different places:shrug:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Wish I could help. I get to the area around 5:30pm from the Calvert Cty side. Those going that way around that time have it rough most days and so you should leave probably 20-25mins early. That's a guess. Not sure how long it actually takes to get from 235 to Solomons Is. :flowers:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Leave now, floor it, and don't look back...:coffee:

On a work day from NAS Pax River gate 3, est 30-45 minutes anytime after 4pm. If theres an accident, give yourself 30 hours...

Last edited:

Jameo

What?!
David said:

:howdy: Yup, what's it worth to ya? :popcorn: U can even park ur car at my house. :chaching: Of course there will be parking fees :lmao:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
All right you guys, what's the deal? Set me up for a ha ha did we? I went across at 4 p.m. and there was nary a car on the road. I sailed over at full speed and arrived 45 minutes early.

I have heard, yet again, a rumor about the Solomon's bridge closing for repairs for an extended period of time. Can anyone else say they have as well? :snacks:

Steve

Enjoying life!
David said:
All right you guys, what's the deal? Set me up for a ha ha did we? I went across at 4 p.m. and there was nary a car on the road. I sailed over at full speed and arrived 45 minutes early.

1600 is right before rush hour. You were 45 minutes early but you could have been 45 minutes late had you waited just a little bit longer.

LOL, "rush hour"...in SOMD....

MMDad

Lem Putt
David said:
It was amazing today. Thursday is usually the worst day. At 4:30, I didn't slow below the speed limit all the way from 235 until I was over the bridge.