"24" fans

Don't forget the first half of the season premier is Sunday night at 8:00 and the second half is Monday night at 8:00!!!

:yahoo:

Geek

Speedy70 said:
I guess there are no other 24 fans here. :ohwell:

I am thinking of watching it this year. Do you think I could just start watching it cold not having seen it before :confused:

Geek said:
I am thinking of watching it this year. Do you think I could just start watching it cold not having seen it before :confused:

Some things may confuse you, but you'll catch on after a while. I am totally addicted.

Toxick

Splat
Whoa....

How preachy was 24 last night?

Here's pretty much what I gathered from last nights 24 episode...

1) Racial Profiling = BAD, BAD, BAD, and EEEVIL
2) If you discover a terrorist based on racial profiling, you're STILL an evil person, even if you're right.
3) Torture is OK, as long as it's not based on racial profiling.
4) Keifer Sutherland is still a 'Lost Boy' and needs to feed.
5) You shouldn't engage is racial profling.
6) Gov't agencies tasked with protecting the citizens serve only to harrass good clean people without cause - based on racial profiling.
7) Most muslims are terrorists.

They coulnd't have been any more preachy if every commercial break they had a character or writer deliever a PSA against racial profiling.

OK WE GET IT!!!

BlackSheep

Toxick said:
Whoa....

2) If you discover a terrorist based on racial profiling, you're STILL an evil person, even if you're right.
6) Gov't agencies tasked with protecting the citizens serve only to harrass good clean people without cause - based on racial profiling.

They coulnd't have been any more preachy if every commercial break they had a character or writer deliever a PSA against racial profiling.

OK WE GET IT!!!
AND-there's more tonight! :yay:

mainman

Set Trippin
Toxick said:
Whoa....

OK WE GET IT!!!
So I take it the, "we are going to record it and not watch it yet" plan fell through....:lmao:

Hessian

If only the Red neck ...

had stuff that towelhead down the garbage disposal.

You can't avoid the preachy-ness but...in true 24 style: reality is: the nice neighbor guy------ is a terrorist.
Reality: Racial profiling may BE the only way to root out our home grown terrorists.

Yes, Jack is looking very tortured but....they must feed them well in those Chinese prisons.---hasn't dropped a pound.

I see that the bickering at CTU is customary/the norm. Would any high security govt agency allow that???

Loved the subway scene: There is no plea, no request for negotiation, Jack just wails on him and boots the bomber out the back of the train.---No moment to stop and assure everyone, no identification as Fed agent,...just looks around and jumps out the back toward the splattered remains.

(Americans crave decisive, fast action...we reject the pansy PC West coast attitudes). :buttkick:

Toxick

Splat
mainman said:
So I take it the, "we are going to record it and not watch it yet" plan fell through....:lmao:

Not totally - I did record it.

Good thing too, I zonked out about half-way through the second one.