Accident on mechanicsville Rd

97reenigne

There is an accident on Mechanicsville Rd. Single Vehicle into a pole. Subject might be trapped. Wiresdown, Police just asked for state highway to come because the road is going to be closed for a while. :coffee:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
97reenigne said:
There is an accident on Mechanicsville Rd. Single Vehicle into a pole. Subject might be trapped. Wiresdown, Police just asked for state highway to come because the road is going to be closed for a while. :coffee:
Do you have any other information, kind of car, etc..............

mizteresa1965

yeah if you have any details, that would be great. I'm suppose to go to my Mom's house here shortly and she lives in Country Lakes.

97reenigne

mizteresa1965 said:
yeah if you have any details, that would be great. I'm suppose to go to my Mom's house here shortly and she lives in Country Lakes.

It is on the Route 5 side of country lake. I think they said at Gold Ln

mizteresa1965

I just heard over the scanner the Mech. Road is going to be shut down for 3-4 hours because of lines down.

I still don't know where Gold Road is though??

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
mizteresa1965 said:
I just heard over the scanner the Mech. Road is going to be shut down for 3-4 hours because of lines down.

I still don't know where Gold Road is though??
Just about a mile from the Moose on the right going towards 234.

Hurricanedan

FancyBelle said:
Just about a mile from the Moose on the right going towards 234.

I have not been advised that yet. So i dont know for sure. But there was an accident in that area of a vehicle into a poll with partial lines down. But i doubt that the road will be closed down for 3-4 hours. And they dont really need to close down the road.

mizteresa1965

Hurricanedan said:
I have not been advised that yet. So i dont know for sure. But there was an accident in that area of a vehicle into a poll with partial lines down. But i doubt that the road will be closed down for 3-4 hours. And they dont really need to close down the road.

I'm just saying what was said over the scanner from St. Mary's EMS and Police.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Hurricanedan said:

Road was still closed as of 30 minutes ago. :ohwell: Any updates?

Toxick

Splat
I sat in that #@$%# traffic for over an #$#%^ hour - and STILL ended up going around to 238 up to 234 and back down. Plus schoolbusses were delayed. My son got home over an hour late.

I saw the medivac come get the guy and fly him out - but I don't know of any other details.

pgtransplant

if... it is closed for that long it is for a possible pri 4.... accident reconstruction.... that is a bad corner... that pole has been replaced 4 times in the last year

One Flown from Mechanicsville Road MVC

At 1435 hours, Station 2, EMS Stations 29 and Charles 2 were alerted to a motor vehicle accident reported one into a utility pole and possible entrapment.

Units arrived on the scene, Chief 2A established the "Mechanicsville Road Command" and found a single vehicle into a utility pole. The utility pole had been snapped and was one utilized for high transmission electric lines. After finding the occupant had self-extricated himself, crews backed out of the area as the utility pole was very unstable. Personnel actually heard it cracking while on the scene.

EMS personnel requested a medevac for the occupant based upon his injuries.

Squad 2 estblaished the landing site in a field next to the accident scene. Trooper 7 flew the victim to Prince George's General.

Units cleared the scene as law enforcement had Mechanicsville Road closed and Southern Maryland Electric had several crews on the scene.