Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Northbound Rt. 5 in Waldorf?

Unhappy Northbound Rt. 5 in Waldorf?

Can anyone please tell me what's going in the huge cleared area, northbound side of Route 5, right after the intersection of Mattawoman-Beantown Road? Whatever it will be--with the lack of any zoning plans in Charles County--I'm sure it will create a huge traffic screw-up.

Quote Originally Posted by 'SkinsFan
    Can anyone please tell me what's going in the huge cleared area, northbound side of Route 5, right after the intersection of Mattawoman-Beantown Road? Whatever it will be--with the lack of any zoning plans in Charles County--I'm sure it will create a huge traffic screw-up.
    I guess you are talking about the area SOUTH of beantown road but on the north bound side of rt5. If so it has been a gravel pit for years

Quote Originally Posted by HunterJJD
    I guess you are talking about the area SOUTH of beantown road but on the north bound side of rt5. If so it has been a gravel pit for years
    My guess is they are talking about the farm on the right side of the road as you go north, just AFTER the Beantown light. They are in the process (or atleast they were last seekend, may be finished by now) of tearing down the house and barns on the property. That will most likely be more businesses. Doubt it's zoned residential since that side of the road is all commercial from the next property all the way down to 301.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by huntr1; 01-26-2007 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntr1
    My guess is they are talking about the farm on the right side of the road as you go north, just AFTER the Beantown light. They are in the process (or atleast they were last seekend, may be finished by now) of tearing down the house and barns on the property. That will most likely be more businesses. Doubt it's zoned residential since that side of the road is all commercial from the next property all the way down to 301.

Are you talking about the Curtis farm?

Angry

Once again the county of Chuck has given me yet another reason to leave. I might as well move back to NYC. The amount of deforestation is unbelieveable yet you keep reading how the local polititianswant to stop the growth that has taken over the Waldorf area. Before you know it I will have a Wawa in my culdesac!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flomaster
    Before you know it I will have a Wawa in my culdesac!!!!
    fountain diet cokes w/ a shot of vanilla within walking distance...

It's pretty bad when your teenager notices that all the trees are being removed. This land is right across from Thos. Stone HS. Hope its not a lot of retail. SKIP! SKIP!
    I used to have a McDonalds across from my HS in Alexandria. We would even see the teachers in there at lunch. They must have made a killing on our school alone.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie
    It's pretty bad when your teenager notices that all the trees are being removed. This land is right across from Thos. Stone HS. Hope its not a lot of retail. SKIP! SKIP!
    I used to have a McDonalds across from my HS in Alexandria. We would even see the teachers in there at lunch. They must have made a killing on our school alone.
    I don't know of a McDonald's across from any high school in Alexandria. We had to drive down Seminary Road to Duke St. to get to McDonalds. But if you wanted Roy Rogers, that was just down the street.
    Hark, now hear the sailors cry
    Smell the sea and feel the sky
    Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic~~

Went to Edison HS on Franconia Road. McD's across the street. Was a long time ago. Wonder if that McDs still there. Loved the area and worked there but when got married, who could afford the houses. I hear Edison won everything in football this year and basketball is on a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie
    Went to Edison HS on Franconia Road. McD's across the street. Was a long time ago. Wonder if that McDs still there. Loved the area and worked there but when got married, who could afford the houses. I hear Edison won everything in football this year and basketball is on a roll.
    Ahhh, okay. Yes, you're right. And the skating rink down the street right?
    Hark, now hear the sailors cry
    Smell the sea and feel the sky
    Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic~~