Do you have a copy of the McKay's jingle?

mboszko

I grew up in SoMD, and I've had the McKay's jingle stuck in my head all day. I'd really love to have a copy so I can infect my non-Marylander friends as well.

Does anyone out there possibly have an audio or video recording of the ads for McKay’s Food Store with their crazy earworm of a jingle? Extra bonus points if you come up with the TV ad with jingle that consists entirely of employees nodding in slow motion at customers.

I'm willing to pay for your expenses to send me a high-quality copy of the song and/or video, or if you could send it to me (or point me to a link) in digital form that would be great too.

The song:

It always pays to shop at McKay’s,
Where quality is discount every day!
To you and your family,
We give you this guarantee,
It always pays to shop at McKay’s!
McKay’s Food Store!​

Thanks!
MB

Bay_Kat

Tropical
mboszko said:
I grew up in SoMD, and I've had the McKay's jingle stuck in my head all day. I'd really love to have a copy so I can infect my non-Marylander friends as well.

Does anyone out there possibly have an audio or video recording of the ads for McKay’s Food Store with their crazy earworm of a jingle? Extra bonus points if you come up with the TV ad with jingle that consists entirely of employees nodding in slow motion at customers.

I'm willing to pay for your expenses to send me a high-quality copy of the song and/or video, or if you could send it to me (or point me to a link) in digital form that would be great too.

The song:

To you and your family,
McKay’s Food Store!​

Thanks!
MB

Every time I hear it, I'm reminded of some old 50s grocery store. It drives me nuts.

mboszko said:

The song:

To you and your family,
McKay’s Food Store!​

Thanks!
MB
Otter has it on his ipod... PM Otter...:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
OMG! Thanks for that earworm! :jameo:

:lol:

Call McKay's corporate office - I'll bet they have it on tape and would send it to you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
OMG! Thanks for that earworm! :jameo:

:lol:

Call McKay's corporate office - I'll bet they have it on tape and would send it to you.

It may also be their "on hold" muzak. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I get the O'Brien Realty jingle stuck in my head: "O'BRIen Realty, the best in southern Maryland...."

I think it was Turk's wife who sang that.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
vraiblonde said:
I get the O'Brien Realty jingle stuck in my head: "O'BRIen Realty, the best in southern Maryland...."

I think it was Turk's wife who sang that.

Every morning I get the bath fitter jingle stuck in my head, they play it to death during the morning news.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Anyone remember...

The old Woodburn's jingle when Edgar and Isabell still ran it? They use to have a commerical that played on Jones Inter-cable over here in Calvert.

"Woodburn's, Nobody beats our meat"

morganj614 said:
In the famous words of Kwillie "THIS THREAD HAS BEEN REPORTED!"
Ya know... If I was certain it would be Vrai getting all the "reports" I'd report stuff all the time... but I fear the "david". :frown:

morganj614

kwillia said:
Ya know... If I was certain it would be Vrai getting all the "reports" I'd report stuff all the time... but I fear the "david". :frown:

:lmao: oooga oooga oooga, chucka, oooga oooga oooga

I clicked on it:duh: