Early smow alert

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
:jameo: Accuweather.com is saying the mid-Atlantic states are looking at the end times come Tuesday and into Tuesday night. :jameo: A chance for a whopping 6 inches of the cold white stuff. Price gouging on the essentials is already occurring as I type. Buy your bread, milk and toilet paper now and buy often. :yay:

Last edited:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
kom526 said:
:jameo: Accuweather.com is saying the mid-Atlantic states are looking at the end times come Monday night and into Tuesday. :jameo: A chance for a whopping 6 inches of the cold white stuff. Price gouging on the essentials is already occurring as I type. Buy your bread, milk and toilet paper now and buy often. :yay:

I will believe it when I see it. Now it would be nice to have a day off during the week. :lol:

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Let's see if St Mary's school calls off for another friggin half inch of snow again. :lmao:

Pandora

Isn't it New York that has parts that has had 8 FEET of snow dumped on them in the past week? :confused:

No fricken way! I'd cry.

Severa

mainman said:
Damned if they do and damned if they don't...

Chalk it up to me being new here (I just moved here from Kentucky the week of Christmas) Last week to me was a major overreaction. But that's just me. Still learning the ropes here.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Pandora said:
Isn't it New York that has parts that has had 8 FEET of snow dumped on them in the past week? :confused:

No fricken way! I'd cry.

I'm with you on that... I want just enough for an extra day off. Not a week :lol:

Vince

kom526 said:
:jameo: Accuweather.com is saying the mid-Atlantic states are looking at the end times come Tuesday and into Tuesday night. :jameo: A chance for a whopping 6 inches of the cold white stuff. Price gouging on the essentials is already occurring as I type. Buy your bread, milk and toilet paper now and buy often. :yay:
Who cares. I drive to work in 6" of snow. :shrug:

Or, I'll just stay home and take the day off. :lmao:

D

dems4me

Severa said:
Chalk it up to me being new here (I just moved here from Kentucky the week of Christmas) Last week to me was a major overreaction. But that's just me. Still learning the ropes here.

Welcome to the area! :howdy: I remember as a kid getting a snow day and it did't even snow. School was closed in anticipation and the snow didn't come until about 10 at night. :lol:

Severa

dems4me said:
Welcome to the area! :howdy: I remember as a kid getting a snow day and it did't even snow. School was closed in anticipation and the snow didn't come until about 10 at night. :lol:

LOL Wow. I grew up in a rural county about 30 miles southeast of Louisville KY, so it wouldn't take much (about 3 inches of snow or so) to shut down schools. The worst storm I remember as a kid was the 17 inches of snow we got overnight in January '04, my junior year of HS. We were out of school for two weeks.

G

Gemmi

The Weather Channel is predicting a wintry mix for us. It started out forecasting snow,that changed to rain and now they're saying a wintry mix. I guess they want to have all their bases covered. I already have off Tuesday so it does'nt matter to me.

snuzzy

Gemmi said:
The Weather Channel is predicting a wintry mix for us. It started out forecasting snow,that changed to rain and now they're saying a wintry mix. I guess they want to have all their bases covered. I already have off Tuesday so it does'nt matter to me.

I grew up in PA and school was never closed/no big deal. The difference here is the "wintry mix" = rain, then snow, causes ice, which can keep us home for days :jameo:

wineo

loving life
State road and contractors should be getting their trucks ready to sit and wait again at the tune of $110.00 hr. Sure we will see them sitting somewhere waiting until it snows.
This county cracks me up when it comes to snow.

Mikeinsmd

Severa said:
It's ok. You were correct, they majorly overreacted. Someone needs to get their ass out of bed and check the roads before cancelling school. They weren't the only ones though, Montgomery & PG blew it too.

Good ole DC who can't even govern itself and received 2 full inches only had a 2 hour delay. Made us look ridiculous. Go figure. :lmao: