STORM ALERT: Winter Storm Watch

AndyMarquisLIVE

From NBC Weather Plus:
DCZ001-MDZ003>007-009>011-013-014-016>018-501-502-VAZ021-025>031-036>042-050>057-WVZ050>055-501>504-120430-/O.EXT.KLWX.WS.A.0001.070213T0000Z-070214T1900Z/DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-WASHINGTON-FREDERICK MD-CARROLL-NORTHERN BALTIMORE-HARFORD-MONTGOMERY-HOWARD-SOUTHERN BALTIMORE-PRINCE GEORGES-ANNE ARUNDEL-CHARLES-ST. MARYS-CALVERT-EXTREME WESTERN ALLEGANY-CENTRAL AND EASTERN ALLEGANY-HIGHLAND-AUGUSTA-ROCKINGHAM-SHENANDOAH-FREDERICK VA-PAGE-WARREN-CLARKE-NELSON-ALBEMARLE-GREENE-MADISON-RAPPAHANNOCK-FAUQUIER-LOUDOUN-ORANGE-CULPEPER-PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK-FAIRFAX-ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA-STAFFORD-SPOTSYLVANIA-KING GEORGE-HAMPSHIRE-MORGAN-BERKELEY-JEFFERSON-PENDLETON-HARDY-WESTERN GRANT-EASTERN GRANT-WESTERN MINERAL-EASTERN MINERAL-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WASHINGTON...HAGERSTOWN...FREDERICK...WESTMINSTER...GAITHERSBURG...COLUMBIA...BALTIMORE...ANNAPOLIS...WALDORF...ST MARYS CITY...FROSTBURG...CUMBERLAND...STAUNTON...WAYNESBORO...HARRISONBURG...WINCHESTER...FRONT ROYAL...CHARLOTTESVILLE...LEESBURG...CULPEPER...MANASSAS...MANASSAS PARK...FAIRFAX...ALEXANDRIA...FALLS CHURCH...FREDERICKSBURG...MARTINSBURG...CHARLES TOWN...BAYARD...PETERSBURG...EMORYVILLE...HARTMANSVILLE...KEYSER...FORT ASHBY247 PM EST SUN FEB 11 2007...WINTER STORM WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGHWEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVING OUT OF THE PLAINS STATES AND DEVELOPING OFF THE SOUTHEAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES WILL AFFECT THE MID ATLANTIC EARLY THIS WEEK.FOR NORTHERN AND CENTRAL VIRGINIA...EASTERN WEST VIRGINIA...MARYLAND WEST OF THE BAY...AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA... LIGHT PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN MONDAY AFTERNOON AND MONDAY EVENING. LIGHT SNOW WILL DOMINATE NORTHERN VIRGINIA...MUCH OF EASTERN WEST VIRGINIA... AND ALL EXCEPT SOUTHERN MARYLAND. MEANWHILE...CENTRAL VIRGINIA AND SOUTHERN MARYLAND WILL LIKELY SEE A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS AT THE ONSET OF PRECIPITATION.A SIGNIFICANT WINTER PRECIPITATION EVENT IS EXPECTED OVER THE MID ATLANTIC FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING. TUESDAY LATE AFTERNOON AND TUESDAY NIGHT IN PARTICULAR WILL SEE HEAVY PRECIPITATION AS THE COASTAL LOW PASSES BY JUST OFFSHORE.THE AMOUNT OF COLD AIR OVER THE REGION WILL BE THE DETERMINING FACTOR AS TO WHAT THE PRECIPITATION TYPE IS...IN ANY ONE LOCATION. THERE IS STILL GREAT UNCERTAINTY AS TO THE AMOUNT OF COLD AIR THAT WILL BE OVER THE REGION AT THE TIME OF THE HEAVIEST PRECIPITATION. NONETHELESS...A SIGNIFICANT...HIGH IMPACT...WINTER WEATHER EVENT APPEARS LIKELY FOR MUCH OF THE REGION. IT IS IMPORTANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT THOSE WITH TRAVEL PLANS...DECISION MAKERS...AND PLANNERS SHOULD VERY CLOSELY MONITOR FORECASTS TONIGHT AND MONDAY. OVER THE NEXT 24 HOURS...DETAILS ABOUT THE AMOUNTS AND TIMING OF PRECIPITATION TYPES WITH THIS WINTER STORM SYSTEM WILL BECOME MORE CLEAR. A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.STAY TUNED TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR YOUR LOCAL MEDIA OUTLETTHROUGH THE REMAINDER OF THE WEEKEND FOR THE LATEST UPDATES ONTHIS WINTER WEATHER EVENT.$$

J

jaybeeztoo

Vince said:
Guess there's gonna be a run on toilet paper. :coffee:

Good thing I'm staying at my mom's house. I can raid her basement for all the necessities :lmao:

morganj614

Vince said:
Guess there's gonna be a run on toilet paper. :coffee:

SFW was well stocked this morning. I saw BL in the fruits and veggies but he went to the back before I could run him over with my cart.
That was at 9 a.m., I am sure stuff has been flying off the shelves today.

J

jaybeeztoo

Vince said:
Still dog sitting? How long are ya in for? :popcorn:

I am relieved of my duties as soon as I walk out in the morning for work :getdown:

Actually, it's been pretty nice being here. Big beautiful house with everything you could possibly want...except for phone service :lmao:

Vince

morganj614 said:
SFW was well stocked this morning. I saw BL in the fruits and veggies but he went to the back before I could run him over with my cart.
That was at 9 a.m., I am sure stuff has been flying off the shelves today.
ATTENTION! ATTENTION SHOPPERS! Crazy women with cart running amuck in the fruits and vegetable dept. :yikes:

Vince

keepsmiling said:
:bawl:

So this means we aren't getting any snow. Just some more mud to clean up.

:bawl:
Don't worry. The state of Md will ensure you have alot of salt on the roads to go with your mud. :clap:

keepsmiling

Vince said:
Don't worry. The state of Md will ensure you have alot of salt on the roads to go with your mud. :clap:

I don't think we need anymore, do you? There's seems to be a lot left over from the last storm that could possilby cover this storm. What do you think?

:yahoo:

Hessian

A shift..

to the north by 50 miles and we get clouds...
to the south by 50 miles and we get 8+ inches

my prediction:
They are wrong...
we get more ice & sleet which makes Tuesday ugly but back to school on Weds.

Vince

keepsmiling said:
I don't think we need anymore, do you? There's seems to be a lot left over from the last storm that could possilby cover this storm. What do you think?

:yeahthat: But they'll put it on anyway. :banghead:

keepsmiling said:

There can't be any left on the roads because it's all over my husband's car! :jameo:

J

jaybeeztoo

Speedy70 said:
There can't be any left on the roads because it's all over my husband's car! :jameo:

And my car as well :lmao:

My work is hilarious. You should see all the salt they laid on the sidewalks for an 1/8 inch of snow. :roflmao: I certainly hope they didn't run out.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
jaybeeztoo said:
And my car as well :lmao:

My work is hilarious. You should see all the salt they laid on the sidewalks for an 1/8 inch of snow. :roflmao: I certainly hope they didn't run out.

they dont want you to bust your ass... :lmao: