BJ's Bakery Dept No Good

Hawkeyewife

Just thought I would pass along a bit of information about teh lack of customer service at BJ's.

Last week I ordered a "Hello Kitty" Birthday cake for my 4 year old's birthday party. I was scheduled to pick it up Sunday morning at 11am before the 1pm birthday party. I arrived there (with my daughter) and was shocked when the attendant at the bakery informed me that the cake decorator did not show up for work so there was no cake!!! I asked for a supervisor and suggested that he give me the "Hello Kitty" kit to me since he had no idea what to do and I purchased a premade cake (with a 50% discount that I also demanded he give me for my trouble) and put it together for the party. What concerned me the most was the fact that later (while retrieving my kit), the bakery attendant told me he was waiting for two more customers who had ordered cakes. I can't understand why they wouldn't have thought of calling the customers since thier phone numbers are on the order form.

I will never purchase a cake from BJ's again and I will reconsider going there at all. I wish there was a COSTCO closer to Pax River, I would have never received that kind of customer service there.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Hawkeyewife said:
I will never purchase a cake from BJ's again and I will reconsider going there at all. I wish there was a COSTCO closer to Pax River, I would have never received that kind of customer service there.

Sure you would. It would be the same employee's.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Hawkeyewife said:
Just thought I would pass along a bit of information about teh lack of customer service at BJ's.

Last week I ordered a "Hello Kitty" Birthday cake for my 4 year old's birthday party. I was scheduled to pick it up Sunday morning at 11am before the 1pm birthday party. I arrived there (with my daughter) and was shocked when the attendant at the bakery informed me that the cake decorator did not show up for work so there was no cake!!! I asked for a supervisor and suggested that he give me the "Hello Kitty" kit to me since he had no idea what to do and I purchased a premade cake (with a 50% discount that I also demanded he give me for my trouble) and put it together for the party. What concerned me the most was the fact that later (while retrieving my kit), the bakery attendant told me he was waiting for two more customers who had ordered cakes. I can't understand why they wouldn't have thought of calling the customers since thier phone numbers are on the order form.

You got the cake at 50% off and a free "Kitty" kit? Even though it's not what you expected, it sounds fair to me. Stuff happens. If you were really unhappy you'd have demanded a refund and gone somewhere else.

jenbengen

Watch it
That does stink that you had to find some extra time to make the cake work.
But it would take a lot more than that to keep me away from BJ's...I save a ton of money on diapers alone by shopping there! LOL

itsbob

I bowl overhand
MMDad said:
That's because the Army taught you how to give them.
OK, that one I got to laugh at.. :jameo:

I've got a Marine at Ranger camp joke to tell, but it's a long one..

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane says that moms who love their kids bake their kids' birthday cakes for their kids.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Hawkeye - Are you one of those people that doesn't call out sick, they just go in to work so that they can infect everyone else?

Sh*t happens, it all worked out. And you got a 50% discount.

Hawkeyewife

Hey, BJ's in California customer service needs some work, that is all I am saying. They could have called and given customers a heads up if they knew that they would not be able to deliver the cakes as ordered. They have phone numbers on the order forms. Also, if I had not spoken with the manager and suggested to him to get the decorating kit and cake since they couldn't do it, I would not have recieved them. I hope the other customers that had ordered cakes that day were able to do something else.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
K_Jo said:
Chasey_Lane says that moms who love their kids bake their kids' birthday cakes for their kids.

What kind of mom doesn't bake her kids birthday cake? :faint:

Hawkeyewife

Hawkeye - Are you one of those people that doesn't call out sick, they just go in to work so that they can infect everyone else?

I worked at a Human Resources Manager for 6 years before starting a family and I understand personnel problems. My problem is how BJ's management dealt with the issue by not calling thier customers and waiting for thyem to come to the store to discover that thier cake was not ready. Are you one of those people that make promises and then just don't keep them because you didn't feel like it?

John Z

if you will
Was this BJ's in First Colony?

This problem shows up in a lot of circumstances in a lot of businesses. People have a lack of motivation/consideration and fail to perform the simple act of picking up the telephone.

mainman

Set Trippin
Ehesef said:

Sh*t happens, it all worked out. And you got a 50% discount.
How do you know the person was sick? It said they just didn't show up... BJ's should have called the people on the list so they could started working on a fix...

I dont think they bake the cakes the same day anyways do they? :confused: Do they even bake them? The last time I ordered a cake from BJs they told me the cakes were delivered...:confused:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mainman said:
How do you know the person was sick? It said they just didn't show up... BJ's should have called the people on the list so they could started working on a fix...

I dont think they bake the cakes the same day anyways do they? :confused: Do they even bake them? The last time I ordered a cake from BJs they told me the cakes were delivered...:confused:
Didn't say the baker didn't show up, the decorator didn't show up..