I apologize for not intorducing myself!

KLCouturier

:blushing:
Hi everyone here in the SOMD forum.. I wanted to apologize for accidentally posting my first post in search of a Doctor twice.. Im completely new to this and did so by accident! Oops!

My name is Karen and I live in Hollywood, MD. My husband is a DOD Contractor with DynCorp at Pax NAS and works at the Test Pilot School on UH-60 and SH-60's (balckhawks and seahawks). We have been in Southern Maryland for a little over a year now and I am originally from St. Louis Missouri where pretty much all of my family and friends remain. I hope to one day live close to them again, but we will see.

Speaking of that, I am looking to gain some extra funds here in good ole Southern MD since the cost of living is astonomical compared to in St. Louis!!! If any of you know of someone who may live in the Hollywood area and looking for child care (my home, and preferably only 1 child) I would be more than happy to talk to them. I have references and am watching a 4 yr old for a gentleman my husband works with currently. I am trying to save up enough funds to travle back to St. Louis for a visit.. ugh. If the child care thing doesnt pan out I am still also currently looking for an administrative assistant or receptionist position in this area. It seems there are WAY too many people looking for that though! (UGH AGAIN!!!LOL!) I am most definatly qualified and capable, just looking for the right hours, even part time would be fine, but I need to be off work by 4 at the latest and only available M-F.

Anyway, thanks for the forum... you all have a nice day!

G

giggles04

Welcome to the Forum! Hope you have fun!!!:)
Good Luck finding a job, and all that good stuff. Wish I could help!

DarbyOhara

Musician
Welcome aboard Karen....

Can't think of any positions right now... and I do know it's tough out there with the growin Navy Base and contractors.. but will keep you in mind if something comes up or I hear of something...

I work on the base too... I moved here from Cleveland, OH Oct 2000.... and many other cities before that. I am originially from central PA - in da mountains :)

Again, welcome aboard......

Hi Karen
I too moved here recently and with my 20 years of working experience in medical offices, property management, etc .. I found it very difficult to find a job. Good luck on your quest for work. :)

KLCouturier

:(
Yea, it has for sure been hard, and I honestly gave up for a while and just did daycare to help pay the bills since looking had started to look like a waste of time... Thanks to all for your nice warm welcome and responses.. and PLEASE if you know of any clerical jobs available let me know!!!! :D

watercolor

yeah yeah
bknarw...you being fresh????? *lmbo*

Hello Karen...how are ya!

Nice to always see new people here. *smile* I am a newbie too!

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by watercolor23
hehe....gotta love it though....

Not wearing anything in particular today though....lmbo

what are YOU wearing.....

A really good cologne!
:)

Karen has yet to answer, though...

watercolor

yeah yeah
entertaing the locals eh??? :cheesy:

That is too funny! Well I am not from here...so that does not count..I guess..only been here 7 years....nothing wrong with the locals though! they are pretty awesome...well the ones here anyway

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Welcome Karen. I know what you mean by cost of living. My wife & I + 2 kids moved here from the IL side of the river near STL in December. I work in DC and CANNOT even think of finding a 4 BR house up there on a government salary. I know you will miss the pork steaks and bratwurst, but enjoy the crabs and oysters here. One thing about going back to STL. Try Southwest, they fly from BWI and always have sales, I got one for $80 R/T last time. It is a long one day drive, especially with 2 kids. Hope you are enjoying the STL weather we imported for you.

KLCouturier

:)
Oh I can only imagine how expensive it is with two children at home too... It is bad enough my husband paying child support for his two girls!

Yeap, the heat and humidity seems like St. Louis right now.. too bad we aren't there.. and YES my husband has already complained about the lack of good brauts! LOL! Have to miss the food on the "hill" there too.. ugh.. but I got good news today and we may be planning a trip back in August or Septemeber.. I would prefer october since it is much cooler, but if it is easier in August then I guess we will brave the outlandish St. Louis in August!!! UGH! hahahah