Salsarita PF

MMDad

Lem Putt
Has anyone been there yet? how was it? Is it like Chipotle or Moe's, or is it more of a sit down place?

MMDad said:
Has anyone been there yet? how was it? Is it like Chipotle or Moe's, or is it more of a sit down place?

Hubby and I drove by there last week. When I glanced in the window, it looked like a fast food/sit down type place.

We ended up not eating there that night because they looked busy and I was starving. We went to Ruby Tuesday's instead. :lol: I'm still willing to try it out though.

SMIB Sucks

What the?!?!?
It a lot like a Chipotle...but the food is not as good. Chipotle kicks so much ass though, so it's hard to beat. I guess it's a decent substitute since there is not one around here though...

johnjrval424

Charles said:
Is that the Mexican restaurant where Surrey Inn was?

No, that is called "Mexico" and is on Rt. 4.

Salsarita's is a new storefront in the shopping center at the hospital. It is a couple doors down from Nick's.

johnjrval424

Finally got to stop in at Salsarita's last night and tried one of their taco salads. I will not go back in there again.

I absolutely didn't care for the guacamole - it didn't taste fresh at all. In fact, I thought it had a funny taste to it - not spoiled - just a funny taste. I also didn't like their black beans or, for that matter, the other ingredients. It just wasn't a good experience for me which is really disappointing because I had hoped I would have an alternative to Chipotle's (which is no longer an option for me since I moved to Calvert).

I am really ticked! :tantrum

Bay_Kat

Tropical
johnjrval424 said:
Finally got to stop in at Salsarita's last night and tried one of their taco salads. I will not go back in there again.

I absolutely didn't care for the guacamole - it didn't taste fresh at all. In fact, I thought it had a funny taste to it - not spoiled - just a funny taste. I also didn't like their black beans or, for that matter, the other ingredients. It just wasn't a good experience for me which is really disappointing because I had hoped I would have an alternative to Chipotle's (which is no longer an option for me since I moved to Calvert).

I am really ticked! :tantrum

I wasn't impressed with it either. The prices are a little high too. Good Mexican food in Calvert...Mexico, Rt. 4 where Surrey Inn used to be. They have great food, great service, very clean and the prices aren't bad at all. :drool:

Charles

Bay_Kat said:
I wasn't impressed with it either. The prices are a little high too. Good Mexican food in Calvert...Mexico, Rt. 4 where Surrey Inn used to be. They have great food, great service, very clean and the prices aren't bad at all. :drool:
Is there ever a time that you can get into that place? I've never gone past that the lot wasn't packed.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Charles said:
Is there ever a time that you can get into that place? I've never gone past that the lot wasn't packed.

Ott and I have posted this before..but...

The wait is never very long. We've gone when the place was packed and the longest we've waited is about 20 minutes. Food is good, always served hot, service is friendly and efficient and the cost of food and drinks is very reasonable. It's one of our favorites.

beamher

cattitude said:
Ott and I have posted this before..but...

The wait is never very long. We've gone when the place was packed and the longest we've waited is about 20 minutes. Food is good, always served hot, service is friendly and efficient and the cost of food and drinks is very reasonable. It's one of our favorites.

i kinda figured that it had to be good when a business stayed busy; i am a little skeptical of eating or trying a place out that i never see people frequent

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Charles said:

It's strange, when we went, the lot was packed and I thought we'd have to wait forever, but there weren't that many people in there. We were seated right away and served very quickly. This was on a Friday at about 5 or so. Seems people may use that lot for a carpool park and ride or something. It always does look busy.

MDChick

Salsarita is a different kind of food than what you'd find at Monterey and Mexico Restaurant. It's Americanized fast food, not a sit-down type of place with a complete menu, waitress, etc. Not that that's bad, just different. Apples and oranges.

With that said, Salsarita tries to be Chipotle and fails miserably. It's a step below Qdoba, which itself is a step below Chipotle.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
My friends and I went here on Friday. We thought it was a sit down mexican restuarant when we saw it so we skipped 5 guys and went there. We walked in and realized it was like "Moes". We were sadly disappointed. It isn't a place I would ever go to again and out of the 4 of us none of us liked it nor finished our food. We love Moe's and really need to try Chipolte, I hear it's alot better then Moe's.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
The gal who phones in lunch orders for our little section of the office had a run in with them.

She had orders for maybe 10 people at the most that day. Person on the phone -who claimed to be the manager- refused to take the order over the phone because they were "really busy" and told her she needed to fax it in on some order form.

My co-worker kindly informed her that she has never had anyone in PF refuse to take an order over the phone. Manager still refused, even after she was told we were a company of 300 employees and each department had people who ordered out daily.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I got take out from there a month or so ago for dinner. I ordered soft tacos with fixings, & guacamole on the side. I thought all of it was very bland, almost tasteless. I threw out the leftovers and won't go back.