Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FiOS coming to La Plata !

Angry starting where?

Where are they starting to run it from? will it be from the center of town? or does it have to come from a local satelitte site or other location? Like I said, I'm almost positive it'll run east on rt 6 rather than west toward me

Can you ping me now? Good bfncbs1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wileecoyote
    Where are they starting to run it from? will it be from the center of town? or does it have to come from a local satelitte site or other location? Like I said, I'm almost positive it'll run east on rt 6 rather than west toward me

It will come from the local CO...Which is located on route 301 (beside Pizza Hut)

Trying to find out now where there going run fiber. If I was a betting person I would say everything inside the town and more then likely around route 488 near Kings Grant, Agricopia and down rt 6 in Clarks Run.

The deployment plan doesn't list this yet but trying to reach the project manager to find out more.

Keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by vanbells
    huh?
    I heard Waldorf was once a nice place to be (a long, long time ago)....until about 5 yrs ago. It seems like an alright town, I probably would have enjoyed it back then. Not now. I'd easily be in jail for defending myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cranium
    I heard Waldorf was once a nice place to be (a long, long time ago)....until about 5 yrs ago. It seems like an alright town, I probably would have enjoyed it back then. Not now. I'd easily be in jail for defending myself.
    I don't see thugs ripping fiber out of the ground. That would require way too much work ....especially for now payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cranium
    Gotcha.

RadioPatrol
    Quote Originally Posted by bfncbs1
    If your forunate enough to live in La Plata you will be able to get FiOS very soon. Verizon will be rolling out fiber to the town very shortly. This will be for data only inititially. FiOS TV will have to be granted franchising rights first but generally TV is offered with in a short period after data comes online.

Bad news is La Plata will be the only area to benefit this year for FiOS in Southern Maryland.

A friend just got it in Accokeek .....

yeah i know not as far south as LaPlata .......... Geez and I cannot get it in Fort Washington, Closer to DC .....

i gues it is to bring broadband further out? or has LaPlata had DSL / Comcast ?
    Last edited by RadioPatrol; 03-07-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol
    A friend just got it in Accokeek .....

yeah i know not as far south as LaPlata .......... Geez and I cannot get it in Fort Washington, Closer to DC .....

i gues it is to bring broadband further out? or has LaPlata had DSL / Comcast ?

La Plata has DSL and Cable. But the way it works is you need to make a presence in each county first. Ultimately they want to be able to provide TV across fiber.

They need to have a presence in every county so they can convince the local cable commisions for each town/county to award franchise rights in order to offer FiOS TV.

Fort Washington will be very soon also. Just depends on where you live in Fort Washington...

Just as St. Mary's and Calvert will be soon.....Just Charles is first. Next year they will benefit from FiOS also.

OP, where are you getting this information?

can you link it?

Im sitting in dentsville (3 miles from where comcast ends on rt. 6) and would beg borrow and steal for internet that is not craptacular 28.8

Quote Originally Posted by bfncbs1
    La Plata has DSL and Cable.
    Not all of La Plata.

True....DSL has limitations based on distance. Most areas have cable in La Plata.

Franchise agreement dictates cable. But most of La Plata is covered.