Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FiOS coming to La Plata !

Quote Originally Posted by forestal
    So what is Verizon's strategy for deploying FIOS? Is it the low hanging fruit first (condos, townhouses, densly populated areas), and the rest later? I tell you, I'm eager to drop Comcast for access to full digital television, not the pseudo-digital package that Comcast tries to portray as being 100% digital. Most of the channels still get to my residence in their analog format. bleh!

Hi dummy

I have Comcast and most of the feeds are digital. The only analog feeds are those of the networks that choose to broadcast in analog.

So are you saying that this article is false http://www.somdnews.com/stories/0223...36_32191.shtml

Says that FIOS will be avaiable through out the entire St Marys County by end of summer.

I have been living with dial up in Chaptico for ever now. Would love to get highspeed. DSL stops .6 miles from my house. I have been talking with verizon and putting my name and number on that dam LIST for 5 years now. They keep telling me i will get an email when DSL or FIOS is avaiable in my area. Why dont they say "you live in the country and will never get it "

Quote Originally Posted by Draco69
    So are you saying that this article is false http://www.somdnews.com/stories/0223...36_32191.shtml

Says that FIOS will be avaiable through out the entire St Marys County by end of summer.

I have been living with dial up in Chaptico for ever now. Would love to get highspeed. DSL stops .6 miles from my house. I have been talking with verizon and putting my name and number on that dam LIST for 5 years now. They keep telling me i will get an email when DSL or FIOS is avaiable in my area. Why dont they say "you live in the country and will never get it "
    Who is "The Maryland Broadband Cooperative"? Do they have the power to tell Verizon what to do?

Can you ping me now? Good bfncbs1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie
    Who is "The Maryland Broadband Cooperative"? Do they have the power to tell Verizon what to do?

Nope....In the end its Verizon's choice to either lease those lines or not. It opens it up for all the mom and pop companies to come in and offer the same service

Quote Originally Posted by Draco69

Not saying it's false but it doesn't have anything to do with Verizon. Thats a MBC initiative and not a Verizon Inititiative.

Verizon will not be in St. Mary's by the end of this year. DSL expansion is also very limited anymore.

Have you looked into EVDO? I have it in Charlotte Hall and it works great I also have a friend that lives in Clements who uses it also and he is getting rev.a I would check on this if you are willing to spend $60 a month. I have to say it works great!

FIOS coming to LaPlata

will this include like the White Plains/Bryans Road Area at all

Quote Originally Posted by rjnagy
    will this include like the White Plains/Bryans Road Area at all

Unfortunately no. FiOS will only be La Plata for 2007. And at this point it will be late 2007. They are currently building out the CO in LaPlata and have yet to decide where the fiber will be going outside of immediate surrounding area of the CO(301)

Makes no sense

I understand what your saying. In my case it just makes no sense my subdivision is only like 10 years old. You think when it was built they would have had the foresight (I'm network engineer and figure fios has been in the works for years as I know how these things go with the think tanks and all) to put fiber in all the new subdivisions so basically all you would have to do is the run to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by bfncbs1
    Unfortunately no. FiOS will only be La Plata for 2007. And at this point it will be late 2007. They are currently building out the CO in LaPlata and have yet to decide where the fiber will be going outside of immediate surrounding area of the CO(301)
    tell them to hit rt. 6 up to Cooksey's Store!

Quote Originally Posted by bfncbs1
    When saying La Plata, does that mean:

1. within the town limits
    2. within the 20646 zip code
    3. something else that I'm not thinking of.....

I am in the 20646 zip code, but at the far end of it...