Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: FiOS coming to La Plata !

It looks like a new option for high-speed internet will be coming on Nov 1: https://www.peakenetbroadband.com/

Verizon now shows a day counter for service availability in Hughesville. The counter shows 78 days for my address off of Grosstown Rd. That puts us in early November.

Quote Originally Posted by oby880 View Post
    It looks like a new option for high-speed internet will be coming on Nov 1: https://www.peakenetbroadband.com/
    Looks interesting, though I think their prices might be a bit too high to be competitive in areas where they overlap with Metrocast. But for those with no options or DSL, this will probably work well.

I used a similar service about 15 years ago and paid $50 for 1mbit so I'm glad to see the tech has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by matb1906 View Post
    Verizon now shows a day counter for service availability in Hughesville. The counter shows 78 days for my address off of Grosstown Rd. That puts us in early November.
    That seems long, considering Verizon has already installed the underground fiber in my development off Grosstown Rd. But then again, for as long as we have waited for them to provide service, I guess nothing should surprise us at this point..

Will be interesting to see if Comcast provides service sooner. Seems like they are racing each other at this point to get cable and Fiber installed in all of the developments between Wheatley and Oaks Rd.

Can you post the link to the Verizon counter you mention?

Thanks

Anyone have an idea of what ping times will be like for Peake? The speeds seem great but doesn't matter if everything has a quarter second pause from high ping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbuck913 View Post
    That seems long, considering Verizon has already installed the underground fiber in my development off Grosstown Rd. But then again, for as long as we have waited for them to provide service, I guess nothing should surprise us at this point..

Will be interesting to see if Comcast provides service sooner. Seems like they are racing each other at this point to get cable and Fiber installed in all of the developments between Wheatley and Oaks Rd.

Can you post the link to the Verizon counter you mention?

Thanks
    The link to check the number of days can be found here www.verizon.com/local/washington-dc-fios/. I have also attached an image

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verizon.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	119654

Quote Originally Posted by wubbles View Post
    Anyone have an idea of what ping times will be like for Peake? The speeds seem great but doesn't matter if everything has a quarter second pause from high ping.
    Their tech said ~2ms per hop, at most 4 hops to their upstream connection. If true, that's in line with most wired ISP solutions.

Below is a message that I received from the county for whatever it is worth...

Name:	County.jpg 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	119655

Quote Originally Posted by matb1906 View Post
    The link to check the number of days can be found here www.verizon.com/local/washington-dc-fios/. I have also attached an image

Name:	Verizon.jpg 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	119654
    Thanks for the link, I tried it for my address, which is off Grosstown and Sandy Bottom and it came back as no planned service, even though Verizon has already installled the fiber in my delevlopment. Time will tell.