Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: FiOS coming to La Plata !

R.I.P. My Brother Rick AnthonyJames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    Found out our HOA is blocking Verizon Fios from connecting us in CRE. No idea why since Comcast Xfinity is available to us.
    Comcast is a non-regulated company, therefore they can enter into exclusivity contracts, usually at a price, with HOA's to keep Verizon out.
    "Cocaine's a helluva drug" ~ James Ambrose Johnson Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyJames View Post
    Comcast is a non-regulated company, therefore they can enter into exclusivity contracts, usually at a price, with HOA's to keep Verizon out.
    Construction is underway all along Oliver Shop rd, Oaks road and most of the sub-divisions. Hopefully service by the end of summer

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbuck913 View Post
    Construction is underway all along Oliver Shop rd, Oaks road and most of the sub-divisions. Hopefully service by the end of summer
    Be nice if they would come out Oaks Road to Three Notch Rd. In my opinion there are more homes from Carrico Mill rd. to Charlotte Hall rd. then there is around Oliver Shop and Grosstown. Last year some guys came through my development taking measurements and left little sprayed painted numbers in the street. My thoughts were maybe Fios, we already have Comcast in our neighborhood, the streets our fine they don't need to be resurfaced and SMECO came through about 5-6 years ago and did complete rewire and new transformers (the power was always going out). So Fios was about the only other thing they could have been measuring for.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHillcrestGuy View Post
    Be nice if they would come out Oaks Road to Three Notch Rd. In my opinion there are more homes from Carrico Mill rd. to Charlotte Hall rd. then there is around Oliver Shop and Grosstown. Last year some guys came through my development taking measurements and left little sprayed painted numbers in the street. My thoughts were maybe Fios, we already have Comcast in our neighborhood, the streets our fine they don't need to be resurfaced and SMECO came through about 5-6 years ago and did complete rewire and new transformers (the power was always going out). So Fios was about the only other thing they could have been measuring for.
    It looks to me like that is the plan. I noticed new white spray painted marks on Oaks rd starting from Oliver Shop. There are also new spray painted marks along Oaks rd at the entrance to all of the developments between Oliver shop and Three Notch. They are the same white painted marks that FIOS is using for install along Oliver Shop rd, so my guess is it is coming your way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbuck913 View Post
    It looks to me like that is the plan. I noticed new white spray painted marks on Oaks rd starting from Oliver Shop. There are also new spray painted marks along Oaks rd at the entrance to all of the developments between Oliver shop and Three Notch. They are the same white painted marks that FIOS is using for install along Oliver Shop rd, so my guess is it is coming your way as well.
    Comcast is being installed along Oliver Shop Road and into the developments. No word on FiOS expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynutmd View Post
    Comcast is being installed along Oliver Shop Road and into the developments. No word on FiOS expansion.
    I am fairly sure Verizon has started to install fiber in multiple developments off oliver shop rd. They have not yet started to install the fiber along Oliver shop to connect the developments. Take a drive down Corinthian Court, Amberleigh Lane, Crescent Run and you will see the fiber installed but not yet connected.

You're correct, I live off of Amberleigh Lane and they are installing conduit and main line fiber; but the vendor is Comcast not Verizon.

Don't put too much stock in FIOS. We lived in Calvert for 20 years, and it never happened. We even had to wait for Comcast to get to us. We now live in Montgomery County., and have Verizon FIOS for internet which goes in and out all the time. We chose to use DirectTV instead of Comcast for tv. They are ok, sort of. My dot and SIL just gave up FIOS for internet and tv (Mont Cty), and have found alternatives; I don't know the details. Also, when our contract with Verizon for phone is ended, we will be changing that, too. What I can't stand is even though no plan change is requested, these companies send bills that up the charges. I am tired of fighting with them all.
    Like I said, JMO, yo! - Roman