Rate the MD State Police Service

lam.bog

On a scale of 1-10 10 being the best possible service 1 being the lowest.
How do you rate the Maryland State Police in your area in Southern MD?

I will give them a 7 to start :coffee:

SD1492

I'd give them a 7 as well. I think if the gov't would give them more funds they would go to a 9 at best.

OldHillcrestGuy

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
State police: 7.5
County police: 3
LP police: 2

Andy Andy Andy, bet if you hadn't got stopped the other day your rating for CCSO and LP police would have been better. They were doing their job. :rolleyes:

I'd give MSP a 9. :yay:

I think it should be broken down into catagories.
1. Aiming radar guns I give that a 10
2. Following too close another 3
3. Driving fast unnecessarily 2
4. Response to standoff time 10
5. Being there to get the guy who cut you off 1
6. Having ugly cars 2
7. Directing traffic when lights are out. 7
8. Showing up in traffic court. 5

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I give the MSP a 9, would have been a 10 with the exception of the one trooper who did a hit and run/DUI after partying in the ABC liquor store off 235... :coffee:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ooohh.. I thought he meant Lexington Park. Never heard LaPlata referred to as LP. Maybe he uses LP because he can't spell LaPlata??

AndyMarquisLIVE

OldHillcrestGuy said:
Andy Andy Andy, bet if you hadn't got stopped the other day your rating for CCSO and LP police would have been better. They were doing their job. :rolleyes:

I'd give MSP a 9. :yay:
CCSO is too focused on gray areas... And if you mean they were doing their job by trying to meet their quotas, you'd be right.

smcop

Richard Cranium said:
State Pigs : 2
County Pigs: 0 (because their standards of acceptance are so low......ref-smcop).
Thank you Richard, coming from you I accept that as a compliment. Knowing the persons most likely to be criminals don't like me makes me feel great!

protectmd

7 for shooting radar on state roads state
10 for medevac services
8 Mutual aid to county/town depts
3 commercial vehicle enforcement
10 Professionalism regardless of who they come across
7 DUI stops
7 Drug interdiction
4 dealing with capitol beltway problems (aggressive drivers, speeders)
9 success in police chases with criminals
5 common sense in how they interpret and enforce the law
8 response time and solving the problem

County police departments... For Charles I would give the following ratings

6 for radar
0 for medevac
3 for mutual aid to county/town depts.
2 for professionalism towards citizens regardless of person
0 for commercial vehicle enforcement
5 DUI stops
3 Drug interdiction
5 for dealing with waldorf traffic
7 for success in police chases/apprehension
3 common sense on how they interpret and enforce the law
4 response time and solving the problem

These numbers are just what I observe and have heard from friends family etc. Just an opinion.

Something I would like to see change is for them to standardize the way radar is shot.... for example, all depts must have at least marker lights on at night, the logo of agency must be showing etc.... not attempting to shoot radar across a 4 lane highway and almost have cop come flying out of parkinglot across highway with moving traffic to catch speeder... Not hiding in the woods in the trees with radar gun, or cover car in cammie netting.... hiding in the dark etc...

I like how the state police hands out commendation/complaint forms with all traffic stops. I think thats smart and gives citizens a chance for input.... regardless of who they are or how they are dressed...

AndyMarquisLIVE

protectmd said:
7 for shooting radar on state roads state
10 for medevac services
8 Mutual aid to county/town depts
3 commercial vehicle enforcement
10 Professionalism regardless of who they come across
7 DUI stops
7 Drug interdiction
4 dealing with capitol beltway problems (aggressive drivers, speeders)
9 success in police chases with criminals
5 common sense in how they interpret and enforce the law
8 response time and solving the problem

County police departments... For Charles I would give the following ratings

6 for radar
0 for medevac
3 for mutual aid to county/town depts.
2 for professionalism towards citizens regardless of person
0 for commercial vehicle enforcement
5 DUI stops
3 Drug interdiction
5 for dealing with waldorf traffic
7 for success in police chases/apprehension
3 common sense on how they interpret and enforce the law
4 response time and solving the problem

These numbers are just what I observe and have heard from friends family etc. Just an opinion.

Something I would like to see change is for them to standardize the way radar is shot.... for example, all depts must have at least marker lights on at night, the logo of agency must be showing etc.... not attempting to shoot radar across a 4 lane highway and almost have cop come flying out of parkinglot across highway with moving traffic to catch speeder... Not hiding in the woods in the trees with radar gun, or cover car in cammie netting.... hiding in the dark etc...

I like how the state police hands out commendation/complaint forms with all traffic stops. I think thats smart and gives citizens a chance for input.... regardless of who they are or how they are dressed...
Good summary. CCSO can't shoot radar to save their life. Hate to see how they'd shoot their guns. :laughing:

protectmd

They actually do shoot their sidearms well, considering that incident last year where that DUI stop on st. patricks day, the guy took a pop shot at 4 cops and one cop capped him. I do question their qualifications when it comes to high power rifles....

Seraphim

I think they do a pretty decent job :shrug: I guess I would give them an 8 considering the area around me :yay: We don't have as much crime as they do in LP City though. IMO Cops don't get paid nearly enough :patriot: