Freak?

K

Kain99

Is it really possible to be a "CLEAN FREAK?" If you think so, please explain how clean can be seen as a negative attribute.

This is of course completely hypothetical and unrelated to Kain. :wink:

K

Katie

When you drop a crumb and it is cleaned up before it even hits the table!:biggrin:

SxyPrincess

I'm a "clean freak" when it comes to certain areas in my home. I like common areas to be tidy, and also the kitchen (because you prepare meals) and bathroom to be highly sanitized. My room...well..that's a different story...:biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Kain99
Is it really possible to be a "CLEAN FREAK?" If you think so, please explain how clean can be seen as a negative attribute.

This is of course completely hypothetical and unrelated to Kain. :wink:

How about the Odd Couple, either the Lemmon/Matthau movie or the Randall/Klugman TV show?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Katie
When you drop a crumb and it is cleaned up before it even hits the table!:biggrin:

Shiat... Did I do that when you were here? :blushing: sorry

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
There is extremism in cleaning as in any other thing. When you make guests uncomfortable with your cleaning habits, then maybe you ought to seek counseling.
I know a woman who once couldn't sit down and enjoy a meal, because as soon as someone was done with their salad fork, water glass, whatever, she would jump up and wash it immediately. She eventually went to couples counseling where it was revealed that she had some abandonment issues stemming back from her childhood which led her to believe that if everything in her house wasn't just so spotless that her husband and friends and kids might abandon her as well. She was actually driving everyone away with her clean freak behavior. Now she has a clean but normal house, and doesn't freak out when someone throws away something in her trash cans.

K

Kain99

Crap! More issues???? I just can't win... And all this time I just thought I cared about my stuff. :frown:

K

Katie

Originally posted by Kain99
Shiat... Did I do that when you were here? :blushing: sorry

NO one of my friends did that when I was over her house having dinner. It completely freaked me out...

K

Kain99

Uh...... It's not about me. To late for that lie huh? Anyway why does every little thing have to come down to some POP 101 psychological issue?

Don't germs and dirt bug anyone else? I've had the boys room taped off for a year because the sight freaks me out! I've even considered moving them to the garage. :frown:

K

Kain99

Originally posted by Katie
NO one of my friends did that when I was over her house having dinner. It completely freaked me out...

Thank God! I've been sitting here freaking out thinking did Katie eat anything that day????

So I guess this means I DON"T make my guests uncomfortable! Whew! What a relief! :biggrin:

Ponytail

My old Boss in georgia was like that. After every visitor to his office, he'd lock the door, and clean the entire office...including emptying all teh drawers, and even the pencil trays. he had a desk caddy that held pencils, paper clips, etc...emptied, and cleaned. Phone was scrubbed, and sanitized...

It was quite amusing to watch him fidgit...just itching to get you out of his office so he could clean. It REALLY bothered him if you sat or leaned on his desk. :biggrin:

Personally, I'm to far the other way. I'd rather spend two days cleaning before company arrived. Unexpected company...they gotta deal with it. I'm too busy...usually...we'll see what happens when I have my own house to take care of.

K

Kain99

You guys make me feel soooo good! Not only am I in need of counseling... Now I have a diagnosis! Nothing in the world worse! But ya know what..... The truth sucks!!!! No matter how ya get it! :biggrin:

K

Kizzy

I don't mine cleaning (just read my profile). But, my hubby is like Christy :kiss: and I am only going off a previous post. Christy said she could care less if the towel was hung in the bathroom, well that is my husband. I vacuum every night whether the house needs it or not, but after having kids, I feel like why bother. I am getting to the point now where I am just sick of picking up after everybody. Sometimes, I just don’t eat dinner, but I still have to clean the kitchen.

A typical night around here involves my hubby sitting in front of the TV like a Zombie and me running around trying to clean up after everyone. Maybe I am reading this after a bad night. I asked the hubby to go somewhere earlier and he said, nope the game is on so we are not going anywhere. a$$hole.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am getting to the point now where I am just sick of picking up after everybody.
What took ya so long, honey? :lol:

I used to somewhat of a neat freak before Larry and I got married. Then I inherited not only two more kids but a guy as well. I spent the first year of our marriage going ballistic every night. It was just so stressful and we were all unhappy. Then I said, you know what? To hell with it! Nobody ever died because there was a cobweb in the corner. This took counseling, by the way.

The shrink explained to me that incessant cleaning is a sign of control issues and insecurity - you feel so out of control in your life, but BY GOD you can control the crumbs on the kitchen floor!