how is the commute from mechanicsville area to the base?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
see subject...

i'm looking for a house.. trying to guage where i want to buy..

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
how long is it though? under normal traffic conditions for morning and afternoon rush...

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by kwillia
Your best bet would be to travel through Hughesville, hit Calvert via the Bennedict Bridge and catch 235 via route 4. That will take you straight to the base with the least hassle. :bubble:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

watercolor

yeah yeah
oh gracious!

Well.. I travel from hollywood to upper hughesville and I get here in a round about time of 15-25 minutes...(15 on a good day, no cops.) Bout the same distance either way. So.. the only thing that will get a hassle I am thinkin is around the start of like Imm Heart of Mary on to the base.

K

Kain99

From Mechanicsville to California - No problem. You're accustom to traffic the rest of the way. Personally, I recommend looking into Mechanicsville. Nice area.

tater

Originally posted by sleuth14
see subject...

i'm looking for a house.. trying to guage where i want to buy..

Depends on what hours you work (as far as Mechanicsville). If you work, say... 11 Pm. to 5 Am, you practically don't even need to wake up. Otherwise, pack some heat, you'll need it (with the "formation flyers" and all) It's like being in a parade :wink:

Move south of the base. A friend of a friend of a neighbor's girlfriend's cousin told me Cedar Cove was the shiznit
:cool:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Re: Re: how is the commute from mechanicsville area to the base?

Originally posted by tater
Move south of the base. A friend of a friend of a neighbor's girlfriend's cousin told me Cedar Cove was the shiznit
:cool:
:roflmao: :lmao:

H

Heretic

I heard they are going to be building low income apartments in cedar cove...about 700 units worth. Several people I work with are irate about this.

tater

Originally posted by Heretic
I heard they are going to be building low income apartments in cedar cove...about 700 units worth. Several people I work with are irate about this.

Hmmm, I wonder what the rent will be on those :really:

Steve

Enjoying life!
Why is everyone interested in Mechanicsville? Y'all just want to move closer to me, is that it?

John Z

if you will
Approx 30 minutes door to door if you work on base and you don't arrive at 8am. Add some time if you do, and some more time if you work all the way out at the Range.

I live in White Plains, and my commute is 60 minutes door to door to/from the base (near gate 1).

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Basically, I'm looking to buy in Northern St. Mary's for a few reasons....

1. The commute will be the same or less than what I have from Lusby now. (40 minutes)
2. No bridge traffic
3. If the bridge falls down, I still get to work :biggrin:
4. If BRAC goes thru and the government pulls a bonehead move (they've done it before) and closes Pax.... I'll still be close enough to DC where my property values won't plummet quite as much... quite as quickly.
5. Closer to Steve and Christy and Pixie :wink:
6. The area just seems nicer.

I told my realtor that I'd consider anything at California, Leonardtown, and north of that within 40 minutes of the base.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I drive through there every day, and I'd say you're looking at about 40-45 minutes max, with normal traffic conditions. Maybe faster in the afternoon - depending on what time you leave work.