Bobby Brown??

sccrmommy

Did anyone else hear that Hot 99.5 paid Bobby Brown's back child support and court costs in exchange for him to work for a week at the station? He was supposed to start on Monday. First of all, if they actually came and arrested him I'm sure he owed far more than a weeks worth of free labor. Second, are they actually surprised that he bailed on their agreement? I mean, the man is SO trustworthy right? He bailed on paying for his kids, I suppose it's only right he bails on his first "job" in over a decade.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I saw something on cnn about it. It was across the ticker; the only thing cnn's reported on all day is that horrible bus accident in Atlanta.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
They were only paying it if he showed up and worked for a week....

And I'm guessing he didn't, so they won't be paying it...

Which I'm glad.

Knowhing damn well they would have never done it for the average guy.... why do it for a drug addict deadbeat..

Though I did buy the New Edition Reunion album back in 96 or 98 or whenever :lol:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Softballkid said:
They were only paying it if he showed up and worked for a week....

And I'm guessing he didn't, so they won't be paying it...

Which I'm glad.
he's supposed to start Monday

sccrmommy

Did they really think a deadbeat Dad who was big in the 80's would boost thei ratings??? They shouldn't have let Mark and Kris go!!!

smsd

DA BEARS!!!
I listened to the phone conversation they had with him this morning and it doesn't sound like he will be coming to DC. He used them to get out of jail and now they will never get their money back, they will be added to Bobby Brown's long list of IOU's.

Seraphim

Booby Brown is a weirdo :crazy: Hot 99.5 has gone downhill since they got rid of Mark and Kris :buttkick: I wonder if they're kicking themselves yet? I never listen to them anymore. Now I just listen to CD's.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
sccrmommy said:
Did they really think a deadbeat Dad who was big in the 80's would boost thei ratings??? They shouldn't have let Mark and Kris go!!!

What bit I heard was that they were hoping to show that "people can change" or some crap..I dunno.. the lady was all against it, and the guy was for it...(5:30ish am) whoever is on...

sccrmommy

I stopped listening to them when I heard about Mark and Kris. I read this on the news so I went to their website. They have a WHOLE page dedicated to Bobby Brown. Please listen to me: If Bobby Brown is the biggest thing for your station you need to get rid of fat boy Kane and bring back the Hot Morning Mess!!!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
"...Brown, a Boston native best known for a solo hit "Don't Be Cruel,"

The only song I think of is "My Perogative" when I think of Bobby Brown. And "Candy Girl" from the New Edition days. :shrug:

"...Last March, Brown was nabbed for minor motor vehicle violations dating back 14 years when he arrived to watch his daughter at a cheering competition at Bartlett High School..."

He was at a cheerleading comp for his daughter when they busted him last week too! :lmao: He needs to stay away from cheer comps.

sccrmommy

OHhhhh, that explains it all. He's from Boston! Maybe he's chilling with Manny so they don't have time for things like radio stations and spring training. Go Yanks!!!

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Forget the radio station; he should come to So. MD and run for the MD House of Delegates! :lmao:

How many got that?

Seriously, I say everyone involved - Brown and station execs - have issues. Clearly Brown is a loser; no other way about it. And the station executives are idiots for proposing this idea.

Brown has a moral - not to mention legal - obligation to pay his child support. He refused. So, let him deal with the consequences. He has continuously received "breaks" for his fame; eventually he must hit the wall and not be allowed to dodge his problems any longer. If his guilt was inconclusive, perhaps such a deal would be okay... but there is no doubt, he deserves no sympathy.